Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kamala's Random WCW Bullshit thread

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lorenzo has to be the least athletic guy that looks like he should be athletic. Like he shouldn't be like RVD levels of athletic, but I could probably get more hangtime on that and I'm 5'4 and not very athletic.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He might be the worst of the countless pretty boys Bischoff stacked in the undercard in the mid '90s. Which is really saying something.

He doesn't even have his own Cagematch profile!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
My memory was wrong; for some reason I thought the Regal/Eaton split also involved the TV title.

Regal is the best.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
How dare you gloss over the legend that is "Lightning Foot" Jerry Flynn!

LMAO, I remember right before Goldberg won the WCW title, they tried pushing Flynn as the man "who pushed Goldberg to the limit" and had Goldberg admit, in kayfabe, that Flynn was his toughest opponent. So random.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think there is any more thing that screams RANDOM WCW BULLSHIT than that angle in late '99 where Jerry Flynn kept challenging people to fight him in THE BLOCK! I think blowoff of that was him getting squashed by Tank Abbott at Souled Out '00 LOL.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Mean Gene, Meltz, Bisch, Goldberg himself. They don't fool me. I know Goldberg beat Jerry Flynn exclusively the first eight weeks of 1997 and his resulting streak should be recounted.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Sonny managed all the heel luchadores, it seems like. Not that La Parka could ever be booed.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They had multiple matches too apparently. One I remember was from WCW Saturday Night (and Luger did a few lucha spots with La Parka) and that gif was from a Disney Studios taping.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Makes Jake look like a pile of puke. Total territorial cadence on him, too.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Luger vs La Parka main evented the only WCW show I ever attended.
As trash as they would’ve been by the time I remember WCW having shows in my area, I am sad I never saw WCW live once.

I’ve really only attended WWE stuff, outside of one TNA Bound for Glory.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I forgot that Lex Luger is TERRIFIED of skeletons.

Fact that Luger and La Parka had multiple matches makes me think they were friends IRL which fills my heart with peace and joy.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
As trash as they would’ve been by the time I remember WCW having shows in my area, I am sad I never saw WCW live once.

I’ve really only attended WWE stuff, outside of one TNA Bound for Glory.
I went to one WCW Worldwide taping back in April 1998. All I remember is a Faces of Fear squash against two Japanese talents (one who I keep remembering as being Satoshi Kojima but it wasn't) and some lady in the front row chanting for DDP between every match being taped.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I only went to one WCW show too and it was only time they were in Portland. It was a WCW Saturday Night taping two nights after Slamboree '98. As someone who has often taken a fascination with undercard-midcard guys, it was FANTASTIC. And we did get some big for '98 episode of WCWSN matches like one of the Booker T-Chris Voldemort Best of 7 series and main event was The Giant Vs Konnan.

Crowd was ticked off that the advertised Goldberg-Perry Saturn dark match main event didn't happen and we had to watch multiple Kendall Windham matches but other than that, it was greatest night of my life!