Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kansas Man Dead via SWATTING over $1.50 on COD

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192111974.html

A summary of the article: Two guys online playing COD and one of them decides to SWAT the other one. The police arrive at a house belonging to someone not related to this. The man gets shot to death by the police.

In summary, people suck.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I knew eventually a swatting was going to lead to a death. Fucking moron pieces of shit.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
The fuck that called the Swatting did so over $1.50 or $2.00 too... I'd throw people in jail for life for Swatting. Waste of valuable resources that could be elsewhere, endangers innocent lives, and can lead to deaths of a non-involved party if somebody's smart enough to (as the article said) not give out their real address.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Well, TIL what "SWATTING" is... people ain't shit.

Harley Quinn said:
The fuck that called the Swatting did so over $1.50 or $2.00 too... I'd throw people in jail for life for Swatting. Waste of valuable resources that could be elsewhere, endangers innocent lives, and can lead to deaths of a non-involved party if somebody's smart enough to (as the article said) not give out their real address.

I don't know about 'for life' but, if you make a false report to the police and, as a direct result of responding to your false report, the cops kill somebody, you should at least be charged with, like, second degree manslaughter.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Someone threatened to SWAT me about a year ago. I was on edge for about 3 months. People take the internet way too seriously.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Well, TIL what "SWATTING" is... people ain't shit.

Harley Quinn said:

I don't know about 'for life' but, if you make a false report to the police and, as a direct result of responding to your false report, the cops kill somebody, you should at least be charged with, like, second degree manslaughter.

Yeah but these pussies know exactly what they are doing. They make calls to their local police/FBI reporting serious crimes e.g. kidnappings, hostage situations, ongoing homicides w/perp still having a gun, etc. When they report that shit initially, it's not like the police and/or SWAT are expecting a simple scenario going in leading to them being more on edge.

Just feel like false report + 2nd degree manslaughter is too light for somebody knowingly calling the SWAT/Police on an innocent person knowing they may be killed in the process. They gotta be stupid to expect otherwise if SWAT's going to somebody's door, that death isn't a potential occurrence.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
but that's basically what 2nd degree manslaughter is... "conduct which causes the death of a person -- committed when a defendant recklessly causes death (second-degree) or causes death with an intent to cause serious physical injury (first-degree". You'd have to prove they actually had intent to get the person hurt or killed which is a big burden of proof.