Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kevin Nash Appreciation thread

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2006/06/15/1633436.html

Nash saw the future and tried to warn the guys and gals, "To be the veteran, my job is to try and give insight -- the younger generation still needs to learn to work smarter not harder. There is a way of doing things without killing yourself that results in the same bottom line. A lot of these guys work not only the four times a month TNA does but also 12 or more indy dates. I worry because the style has gotten so crazy a lot of these guys won't see 30. It's a shame because there is no reason why these guys can't wrestle into their mid-30s and retire when they want to instead they have to. So it is important to show them there are different styles and a time and place to use high spots. Hopefully it can extend some of their careers -- if I can stop one guy from getting hurt I've accomplished a lot."

Always brings to mind the guys killing themselves for a crowd of 50-150 people every night, nevermind the smaller indies.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
King Mutumbo Classic said:
https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/status/1256084172592078848
Love to think of NASH holed up in the NASH compound (NASHHOLE?) laid back on CBD oil and wine and philosophizing about these strange times rn.

call me a mark but this is pretty brilliant.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The Art of Rasslin' said:
King Mutumbo Classic said:
https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/status/1256084172592078848
Love to think of NASH holed up in the NASH compound (NASHHOLE?) laid back on CBD oil and wine and philosophizing about these strange times rn.

call me a mark but this is pretty brilliant.

IZrW02W.gif

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nash is absolutely right. Humanity is the virus. If we can't come together in the face of a global pandemic then we are fucked.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
heard that engine start and trucker horn before I even clicked, those are the best themes/characters. another win for the real double J

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been hungover and feeling I JUST GOT PUNTED IN THE SKULL BY '08 RANDY ORTON all afternoon but I just took a hit off a bowl and now I'm imagining the Natural Disasters doing the Outsiders entrance and my heart is filled with peace & joy.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Somebody at TRTSM, please make sure my memorial service begins with my casket rolling through a plate of glass and "Diesel Blues" playing.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Thought thread was going to be about NASH being in middle of a Twitter feud between Jordynne Grace and Tammy Sytch.

Not sure if it'll be the first time NASH will be standing confused between some full figured ladies.

1Fo_dD3bO0QoEWwC8bw3mRe7aKSmKEenvnb3ewoj6YQ.jpg

https://youtu.be/Qb7kN9tjeic

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not sure what's better NASH's frog splash or the '00s Florida white trash cheering him on. Beautiful gif. Thanks for sharing, Mr. Callous.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I never listened to Prichard's podcast longform but I was subscribed to their YouTube channel where they listed clips from each episode. I recently unsubscribed because I got sick and tired of Bruce's "WWE shill" persona. Just towing the company line on everything turned me off.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Nash, Lesnar, Goldberg...are there any other wrestlers who were unapologetically only about the money and nothing else?

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lex Luger and Scott Steiner are two other guys I would put in that category (Sorry @The Art of Postin' ) plus countless bums that didn't really make it (coughPaulRomacough) but Ultimate Warrior is #1 example of that IMO. All of the other guys I mentioned at least had occasional moments where even if it wasn't their main passion, they appeared deeply interested and enjoying what they were doing. I never got the sense that Warrior loved wrestling for anything other than the fame and power

Reaction score
Wasn't Owen Hart like that too? I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing. It's an unforgiving sport.

I had a convo with a friend about Michael Beasley the other day. We talked about how talented he is, but how he didn't have the work ethic to be great. Then we wondered, is that really a bad thing? It's just a game. He can make his money and go home to his family. While you have psychotic nutjobs like Jordan trying to be great and shit. Just another perspective!

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Gorilla Monsoon was once quoted by someone who I can't seem to pinpoint through a google search as saying "if you aren't in this business to make money, you're an idiot."

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It is what it is. People that are the most passionate about the business are kind of Rudy types. do people really want to see Cheeseburger getting huge pushes? I'm not sure if even Cheeseburger wants to see that.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
They might not be the most passionate but they still put their bodies through a lot. Just the willingness to do that says something considering the money isn't obscene like in other sports.