Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Kobe Bryant Memorial This Month in NBA Thread (February 2020)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Best is Andray Blatche randomly joining the Philippines men's national basketball team. I think the Filipino government was just randomly trying to figure out which second/third tier NBA guy would become a naturalized citizen of the Philippines so they could play on the team and Andray Blatche was the guy they landed on.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Kamala, your post made me want to see what Andray Blatche is doing now and I found this article where just last week he and Renaldo Balkman brought some glory to the Phillipines in a tournament in Dubai.

https://tv5.espn.com/basketball/story/_/id/28616739/how-blatche-balkman-duo-steered-mighty-sports-glory

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/TeamLou23/status/1227018409994604545
Do people actually not think Dwight Howard is not a HOFer?

Not first ballot, I can understand but not at all!? I don't buy that argument.

I feel like people were tipping their heads mostly cause people just instinctively tip their heads when Swaggy P starts talking.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dwight Howard has a 99.4% chance to make the HOF based on Basketball Reference's HOF probability measurer. There are no currently eligible players with a higher rating that have not made it.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's weird last year when he tore his butthole he was a joke. What a career turn around from Dwight

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
AA484 said:
Dwight Howard has a 99.4% chance to make the HOF based on Basketball Reference's HOF probability measurer. There are no currently eligible players with a higher rating that have not made it.

In fairness, this stat also says that Kevin Love has a 20% higher chance of making the Hall than Kawhi Leonard does.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
THE TUGSTER said:
AA484 said:

In fairness, this stat also says that Kevin Love has a 20% higher chance of making the Hall than Kawhi Leonard does.

Yeah, but I think Kawhi will be 100% by the time he retires.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Love also has a ring and, more importantly, he's had an extra three years to accumulate counting stats.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Harrison Barnes vowed not to shave or cut his hair until the Kings hit .500 or the season ends. Gonna be along and hairy rest of season. He had started this vow in December.

Reaction score
580feac14843f.image.jpg

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
With Devin Booker and Bradley Beal having really high numbers and not making the All-Star team this year, Beal officially enters All-Star break with the highest PPG average for someone not on the All-Star team at 29.1.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Devin Booker officially named as Damian Lillard's replacement for All Star Game and 3 Point Contest.

CONGRATULATIONS BABY SHOES!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The Celtics announced they will be doing Kevin Garnett’s jersey retirement next season.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All-NBA Teams: All-Star Break Edition

1st Team
F: Anthony Davis
F: Giannis Antetokounmpo
C: Nikola Jokic
G: James Harden
G: Damian Lillard

2nd Team
F: Jimmy Butler
F: Kawhi Leonard
C: Hassan Whiteside
G: Luka Doncic
G: LeBron James

3rd Team
F: Khris Middleton
F: Bam Adebayo
C: Rudy Gobert
G: Ben Simmons
G: Trae Young

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/1228363001096478720

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/1228363641625489408

If Barack isn't playing in the Celebrity Game tonight then he should've been. It's Chicago! I want to see Barack break one of the Property Brothers ankles,

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
nah they got one super team of celeb coaches as Stephen A Smith and Guy Fieri will be the GOAT head coach/assistant coach combo possible.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o3yU46DT1bY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3FuFxHKRGU
Michael Wilbon stinks but Rachel, TMac, and Scottie are honest here.

GarPax used to barely get criticized, so I'm glad they are finally getting criticism on a national level. And I'm hoping this leads to Reinsdorf doing something, even moving GarPax to different bullshit roles while other people run the team.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fred got fired shortly after that and was replaced by someone much worse. Screaming A needs to use his powers for good on Boylen and GarPax.

Staff member
Reaction score
If the Warriors didn't let up I have no doubt they would have scored 160-170.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Did not realize TNT and the NBA were doing the Wrestlemania approach with All-Star Saturday night

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and offer up my choices for All-NBA thus far as well.

1st Team:
F: Giannis Antetokounmpo
F: LeBron James
C: Nikola Jokic
G: Luka Doncic
G: Damian Lillard

Harden will end up first team because most of the media is just going to look at his scoring average and forget how wildly inconsistent he's been all season, but the fact is Doncic and Lillard have simply done more with less.

2nd Team:
F: Kawhi Leonard
F: Anthony Davis
C: Rudy Gobert
G: James Harden
G: Ben Simmons

Trae Young's numbers are insane, but the Hawks are still a bottom 3 team in the league and I couldn't justify putting him over Simmons here.

3rd Team:
F: Jimmy Butler
F: Pascal Siakam
C: Hassan Whiteside
G: Trae Young
G: Chris Paul

The toughest decision here was Chris Paul or Bradley Beal. Beal is putting up monster numbers, has less talent around him and yet still has the Wiz right outside the playoffs in the East. On the other hand, the Wiz are right outside the playoffs in the East. Chris Paul was basically considered damaged goods after his tenure with the Rockets, but has managed to lead the Thunder solidly into the playoff picture, which I don't think anyone expected. The second forward spot was between Pascal, Bam and Sabonis. I really wanted to put Sabonis here, but in the end I realized it would mostly just be a homer pick. But he has evolved in a big way this season, and as a result the Pacers didn't really miss a beat without Vic. Whiteside was the most eye-popping name when looking at AA's list, and then when I looked at the list of centers in the league...I can't really argue the choice. Embiid has missed a lot of games, and Whiteside's production is basically identical to Gobert's. I went the other way with the two because Gobert has been the identity of a team near the top of the West, and Whiteside has just been kind of a dude next to Lillard.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Connaughton got screwed in the Slam Dunk since they let Wade be a judge and rate in favor of the Heat.

The judges are probably the worst part of the dunk contest now. They gave Dwight a near perfect score for a simple dunk because he put Kobe’s number on his shirt. It didn’t really feel like a Kobe tribute to me, just using his number.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Reggie Miller callee Wade out when he tipped the favor of the Heat win in the finals too. Aaron Gordon screwed again.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That dunk contest was crazy. The judges ruined it at the end but Jones and Gordon were incredible. Gordon was completely robbed.