Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Lie To Me (TV Show)

Obi Chris Kenobi

Personal Text goes here, Venkman
Reaction score
Lie To Me (2009)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1235099/

Anyone else been watching this? Seen about 4 episodes now, and while the first few were really cool, they're really starting to run dry on ideas and just running the basic premise of the show into the ground.
Basically Tim Roth is an expert in telling if people are lying or not his thing, which he mentions every show, is basically being able to tell who is lying to uncover the 'mystery'. Without fail this is the setup repeated every episode so far:

"You can't hear their voices, you won't be able to tell they're lying"
"I don't have to, I can see their faces..."

Every episode without fail.

Obi Chris Kenobi

Personal Text goes here, Venkman
Reaction score
Was afraid of that, which is a shame as the first few episodes were pretty cool. Is there any story arch to the show, or is basically stand alone episodes? Feels like a 90min movie idea that was turned into a series.

Next USC #55

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There is an overarching story, yes, that deals with the main cast, but each episode has a standalone plot that gets in the way of the overarching story that it sometimes gets forgotten. I do suspect the next coming seasons (if they get picked up) will probably start to focus more and more on the overarching story though, so there's that.

fairtoflair7

Very Active Poster
Reaction score
Good show. Obviously they needed to spice it up since Loker and Torres are kind of bland. Hopefully Mekhi Phifer makes the backstories better.