Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Lincoln

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I spotted no thread and Mr Searchy came up empty so here we be.

Lincoln was very good - be warned though that movie was more about lobbyists and partisan politics than the Civil War - very much a dialogue heavy movie. Surprisingly many chuckles were had.

SPOILER: Theater scene being a red herring caught me off guard - I got a little dusty eyed seeing Lincoln lying in a pillow of blood.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Daniel Day Lewis has won this Oscar. It's over. KO delivered.
I don't know if any other member of the cast will get a nomination, I'd say no, but Lewis has won the best actor and if he doesn't, it's a crime.

Maybe Best Picture and Best Director nods but I don't see it being a winner in those. It's a damn fine movie though.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
546763_521345144543920_1184472646_n.jpg

CBright7831

2016/17 Poster of the Year
Reaction score
I want to see a Lincoln movie where it shows Abe's younger, ass kicking days.

741px-AbeCage.jpg

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Want to, just haven't had the time.

sbofn

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw it last night. I could have watched a whole movie dedicated to Nelson, Spader, and Hawkes as the vote brokers.

IMDB Trivia says that they changed the names of people who voted nay to abolish slavery, as to not offend their descendants. Fuck that noise. They were on the wrong side of history. If we can't call them out on it 150 years later, we've gone into full-on Pearl-Clutching Mode.

Kahran Ramsus

Integral Poster
Reaction score
tekcop said:
Want to, just haven't had the time.

Me neither. Plus the local theatre doesn't have it so I have to go to one half an hour away. I'm hoping to see it tomorrow.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Howard Stern did not have positive things to say about the film (but did have positive things to say about DDL). Then again, he didn't know what Bob Evans was. Come on.

2GOLD

Integral Poster
Reaction score
SBofn said:
I saw it last night. I could have watched a whole movie dedicated to Nelson, Spader, and Hawkes as the vote brokers.

IMDB Trivia says that they changed the names of people who voted nay to abolish slavery, as to not offend their descendants. Fuck that noise. They were on the wrong side of history. If we can't call them out on it 150 years later, we've gone into full-on Pearl-Clutching Mode.

Not to mention, we can probably find out the information just by researching it. And seriously, the descendants should be offended ANYWAY knowing their family at one time was on the wrong side of it. So fuck them.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Did he change names in Schindler's List? Or do awful things done to Jews count more than awful things done to blacks? I bet if his name was Stephen Robinson this would have been the opposite.