Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Loki

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like we didn't have a thread for this yet. First episode has dropped and it did a good job of setting up the premise and giving an idea of the tone of the show. Looks like it is going to be a lot of fun which is exactly what I'd expect. The set design is really funny with all the posters and instruction videos. As usual with these shows there's a TON of easter eggs hidden all over the place.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
anyone else started this? I'm liking the sort of buddy-cop aspect they're setting up. I also really hope we see an appearance of Kid Loki.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I like it fine. Big props to Tara Strong landing the Minutes voice role. I think this is the kind of series that's solid on a first watch but better on a re-watch when you can see character motivation in a different light, easter eggs, etc. I'm hoping they do a bit more from OG Loki's side as he's felt a bit... restrained which I think has hurt the start of this a little bit. Hiddleston's a great actor but I keep waiting for more in an episode (the fight scene in Ep 2 was great as an example). Owen Wilson I can take or leave so eh.

Dandy

Reaction score
Loving it, just like all the Marvel Disney+ shows so far. I have read a theory that seems likely, but I will be happy with the show either way.

This obviously helps build toward the multiverse in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
I think these cinematic series are exactly my speed because I've loved all of them.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
aftercredits scene: OH FUCK KID LOKI!!! YES!

Seeing the reactions to this episode on twitter is really funny to me because a lot of people are not getting what is getting on. Loki is not in love with Sylvie. This is the first person he's ever met that he's actually had any kind of friendship with. The story is that he is learning to love himself. (This is even confirmed in an interview although it was obvious to me just watching the show).

I thought the plot advancement in the episode was really good as well.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I demand an Alligator Loki spinoff show RIGHT NOW.

I loved this episode. There are so many easter eggs in this. THANOS COPTER!!

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Fully expect an update to the forum where I lose a limb trying to put a Loki costume on one of my ditch gators.

muzzington

Reaction score
I recognised the Lighthouse of Alexandria but had no idea about the reference to The Philadephia Experiment which was cool to learn about.

Shoutout to Richard E. Grant also.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
THROG not only has a super quick cameo but they had Hemsworth record new vocals for it lol. Just a ton of stuff jammed in that episode. I love when shows have fun like that.

muzzington

Reaction score
That was different to what I expected but I'm certainly not disappointed. I just didn't think they'd set other things up so fully here.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
great casting for Kang and really enjoyable finale and setup for both the upcoming movies and Season 2. I hope they give us a lot more of the Loki Variants hijinks next season because that was really the highlight. LOKI-GATOR FOREVER

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The thought of a guy (scientist?) in the 31st century figured out that multiple universes existed and found a way to communicate with other versions of himself, leading to a massive multiverse war caused by him, and then he has to create a facist organization to prune timelines to prevent other versions of himself from doing MORE horrible shit than his TVA does, is fucking wild.

Loki was an incredible TV series, and I could not be happier with how every episode played out, and that there will be a 2nd season, on top of the obvious massive impact it has on the overall MCU going forward. Just great stuff.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Finished up Season 2... solid? I liked a lot of it but there was some stuff I wasn't wild over. Obi was by far the best character although I felt Sylvie kind of got underutilized (which was a shame as I loved her growth in S1 and was very excited to see that continuation).

I expected the end so I wasn't too surprised by it. I think I much preferred Season 1 because this felt a little too philosophical in a way whereas Season 1 set up everything well and (IMO) had a better balance? overall.