Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Madden 09- Your thoughts?

Anakin Flair

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Okay, so I suddenly find myself getting back into football, and I decided that I wanted to try out a Madden game again. I'm planning on picking up Madden 09 used at my local Gamestop, but before I do I wanted your opinions on the game. Was it good? Did you enjoy it? Is it a good game for a guy who hasn't really played a Madden game since the Sega Genesis?

Also, is it worth picking up the Collector's Edition, since it is only 5 more dollars? If it isn't, that's five bucks saved.

Thoughts?

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good. If the Collector's Edition used also comes with Head Coach 09, by all means, grab it.

Then again, you could always just rent it until mid-August when '10 comes out.

M

Matt Young

If you don't care about or plan to get Madden 10, definitely go for 09. It was my favorite Madden ever, even though I stopped playing it 6 months ago. The EASHL took over my sports gaming.

The collector's edition is iffy. I bought it for $89.99 on release day, but it wasn't really worth it in the end. You just get a special box, and I think maybe a video or two. Other than that, it's just Madden (with added, terrible Madden 94 rosters/visuals optional) and Head Coach, which I only played maybe 5 times. But I have a couple friends who are obsessed with HC, so you might like it.

Anakin Flair

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I kinda liked Head Coach when I tried it out, and I like the videos, so I'm glad I got the Collector's Edition. Madden will take some getting used to for me (I haven't really played a Madden game SINCE the '94 Edition), but I look forward to the challenge.