Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Madden 21 Being Ripped to Shreds By Users

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Currently Sporting News Dropped This Article detailing how pissed the users are, who've given the game a 0.4 over on Metacritic. Not shocked at all as that series has gone terribly downhill for at least 5+ years and I still enjoy the 2004-2006 versions on my PS2.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
2K is back in the game but for non-simulation games and as long as that's the case EA won't change anything barring terrible sales.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Happy to see it getting torched. EA got a preview when it announced all the great new features a little more than a month ago, and it revealed little to no changes for Franchise... but there would be new celebrations. Pretty sure some individual developers from EA responded by saying (humoring) that they'd look into it for next year's game. Hopefully all this bad press gets them motivated, but the NFL extending EA's exclusive rights contract earlier this year doesn't give me any hope.

I know Madden hasn't been good for simulations in forever, but it's astounding that you read about gamers simulating a season, and finding stuff like Lamar Jackson rushing for a grand total of 200 yards, and Nick Foles throwing 45 TD's and en route to league MVP.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
People finally are noticing that they're paying $50 for roster updates and what amounts to bad patches on the previous games?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
All these Monopolies on sports video game franchises aren't good. Fifa and NBA 2K have been heading into this direction too with both rarely adding any new features to games. Wish there were some competition and other sports games to play besides Madden or 2K or Fifa and so on because competition usually makes Madden and 2K work harder and produce great games.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
People finally are noticing that they're paying $50 for roster updates and what amounts to bad patches on the previous games?

Of course this has been well known for years. Just sounds like this year's version happens to be egregiously bad. And this being the first release after the NFL extended EA's deal likely has the hardcore fans even more frustrated.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wonder if this year’s game being extra bad is a result of EA devoting more resources to getting the next-gen console version ready.