Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Marvel's Spider-Man

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
When I was waffling on getting a Playstation back during the sales at Christmas 2016, the VR and this game were part of what convinced me. It is finally coming out on September 7th. Latest trailers and footage from E3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sn5x1aLrUY

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I'm waiting until I hear more, but I really like that it gives me Arkham vibes.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Picked up my copy last night. Best Buy had a promo where they also gave me Destiny 2 for free.

Will probably load and try in the next few days, though it’s been a while since I’ve put my PS4 on so unsure what updates await.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Also, just want to point out my love for the limited edition console they made for this release

limited-edition-marvels-spider-man-ps4-pro-bundle-product-hero-01-ps4-us-18jul18

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
To me, the Deluxe only had extra costumes and then three DLC packs that come "by March 2019" - I figure I may just get those down the road if I want them and would save the $20 now.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m having a blast playing this.

Difficulty sure ramps up between Thug crimes and Demon crimes.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Enjoying it so far. Not too deep into it yet. Just got money from aunt may. My only real complaints is the ground level stuff is a little boring. Just not much going on there.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
It's a hard game ... cause I'm trying to fight recklessly against criminals. I have to say that characters look so realistic.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. I had to actually pay attention to what baddies I was facing and use attacks based on it... then realising that impact web and uppercutting and air attacks essentially break the combat.

I’ve just unlocked fast travel which is nice as webslinging was getting tiresome.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
putting a skill point into the one that increases time you have to counter helps a ton.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I need help. How do I take pictures? I go into Photo Mode and I can fumble around the settings but I don't see a shutter button. Also, how does taking photos of landmarks work? Is there a place on the map where I need to take each picture?

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
I need help. How do I take pictures? I go into Photo Mode and I can fumble around the settings but I don't see a shutter button. Also, how does taking photos of landmarks work? Is there a place on the map where I need to take each picture?

Landmark photos. You stand in front of it. Hit up on the d-pad to open the camera. L2 to aim, and I think R1 to snap. The screen will turn green when it’s in frame enough. I use the waypoints. It’ll put you right we’re you neeed to be.

For photo mode you have to hold the share button (which I always think of as the select button) and an icon will show up in the upper left corner showing the photo was take.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
Figured it out. I didn't do one of the first missions so I couldn't take landmark photos. I've been trying to unlock all the towers and collect all the backpacks.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I mentioned earlier in the thread this game is one of the reasons I even got a PS4, so I haven't used the PS4 much. After I figured out how to turn it on yesterday and ran a long bit of updates, I played through the opening stretch. Did the whole Kingpin first thing. Pretty fun, got that Arkham vibe, the visuals are stunning.

Did the little lab part and not much else before turning it off for the night. Thinking more "freedom" comes now, which could be a good or bad thing.

I also got one of the alternate costumes as a pre-order bonus from Best Buy. I will have to load that and see which one it is, as I don't remember and am too lazy to look it up.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You unlock the pre order costumes as you play the game regardless. Only really worth it for the iron spider look from avengers if you like that look. I find myself always wearing the homecoming suit. That thing is pretty.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’ve gone back to the classic look after running around in the Stark, Scarlet-Spider, Iron Spider and Spider-Punk suits for most of the game.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Surprised the Spider Armor IV is in the game. Considering how much newer it is, pretty amazing it is in.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I beat it last Friday. I'm not going spoil it. I wish the boss fights were a bit longer. Can't wait for sequel.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
3.3 million units sold in three days. Some articles are comparing dollar for dollar that this game had a better "opening weekend" than Spider-man: Homecoming. Think that is a little silly given the price point versus the film having repeat business this won't have.

The City That Never Sleeps DLC is actually already available next month.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
3.3 million units sold in three days. Some articles are comparing dollar for dollar that this game had a better "opening weekend" than Spider-man: Homecoming. Think that is a little silly given the price point versus the film having repeat business this won't have.

The City That Never Sleeps DLC is actually already available next month.

Also production costs have to be taken into account. At this point I don't know what costs more to produce now. If you view the credits for this game or any other AAA title, the credits go on for years.

Cheevos

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
I'm sure the production costs for a game like this are insane. This is why DLC's are available almost straight after the release, sometimes even on day 1. It's a big risk making AAA games nowadays.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m one trophy away from the platinum. And I need to get full challenge points on the drone misssions to buy the remaining suits I need. I just can’t do them.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I’m nearing my endgame. I have a handful of crime/sable baddies to shut down. Otherwise the non story stuff has been done. Got all my suits. Still need a few mods to buy and greet some citizens. And my last mission was

taking down rhino and scorpion. Maybe a little after that. I know I need to go to Osborne’s place and back up MJ. So I’m sure I have another Mary Jane ducking behind boxes mission

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
I’m nearing my endgame. I have a handful of crime/sable baddies to shut down. Otherwise the non story stuff has been done. Got all my suits. Still need a few mods to buy and greet some citizens. And my last mission was

taking down rhino and scorpion. Maybe a little after that. I know I need to go to Osborne’s place and back up MJ. So I’m sure I have another Mary Jane ducking behind boxes mission

Yes but it advances the story so much.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Finished all the crimes tonight. Down to needing to hit some more guys with trip wire. Then it’s just the last story missions and I’m platinum. The crime take downs get a bit tedious near the end. Still loving the game though.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I picked this up today. I'm not sure if I like the combat just yet, but that might be because I'm still fumbling with the controls a little and haven't gotten the "flow" of it yet. The game obviously wants you to stay off the ground as much as possible in combat and out swinging around the city (which is pretty smooth and fun to do).

Game does look fucking stellar, though.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
Think about it like the Batman Arkham games. You can use stealth and gadgets to take down baddies or fight them head on.