Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Mass Shootings/Killings Thread

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: Massacres that don't warrant a thread

If those Sikhs would have armed themselves this would never have happened. Or something.

devo

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Like anybody who parrots that talking point is going to be in favor of brown people having guns.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score

Well Sikhs have knives (the Kirpan) that their religion requires them to carry with them at all times, so some idiot can claim they should have rushed him with those! I remember that being a stupid controversy here because people wanted to force them to not wear them to schools and such despite no one at school even being aware of it until parents starting freaking out. If you take away the guns people will just use knives instead is one of my favourite talking points.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score

devo said:
Like anybody who parrots that talking point is going to be in favor of brown people having guns.

Brown people use guns to kill each other rather than protect themselves.

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Who the hell would massacre Sikhs? Did some dumbfuck just assume that everyone with a turban is a terrorist?

Sesquipedaliantique

Integral Poster
Reaction score

If I was willing to gamble on hideously insensitive topics I'd make a bet that the killer was a confused Islamophobe.

Red Baron

I have a new hat.
Reaction score

Jingus said:
Who the hell would massacre Sikhs? Did some dumbfuck just assume that everyone with a turban is a terrorist?

thepit.com

Clichebot

Active Poster
Reaction score

DON'T TALK ABOUT THE PIT!

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Supposedly this psychopath may have been former military and a white supremacist, but info is just coming out about his identity now.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

Jingus said:

Dobbs3K said:
Supposedly this psychopath may have been former military and a white supremacist, but info is just coming out about his identity now.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t904985/

That should explain everything, really.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

"Racism is ancient history" -Ron Paul

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

That's the best part of that quote! Paul was trying to rationalize his dislike for the Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and '65 by saying they were not needed, there is no such thing as racism, it's "ancient history." Of course, Ron Paul already had his MD by the time Johnson signed those bills. He was pushing 30 in "ancient" times. Ron Paul really is ancient history.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

Damn those Stormfront dudes made it onto the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9454685/Sikh-temple-massacre-gunman-named-as-Wade-Michael-Page.html

Analysis by the SITE terrorist monitoring service of extremist online chat found commentators gloomily predicting that the attack would strengthen the hand of minority groups and gun control advocates.

“This isn't good folks, no matter which way you slice it! Damn,” declared a webuser posting as “Proud White Chap” as news broke of the shooting, in which six people plus the shooter died.

“I fully expect Jewish, Black, Latino, Muslim and Gay special interest groups railing against our right to guns,” he predicted, adding: “All because of some mental case or buffoon nitwit.”

"JoeyJoeJoe" on the Stormfront "white nationalist" forum posted: “We'll probably hear how he thought they were Muslims and went on some rant. GOD DAMMIT. I'm sick of these God damn idiots ruining the reputation of our race," he complained.”

Stormfront member "whitehouse90310" warned: "This was a BIG mistake if white nationalists were involved. Let's hope they are white Muslims."

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score

Wipeoff said:
"JoeyJoeJoe" on the Stormfront "white nationalist" forum posted: “We'll probably hear how he thought they were Muslims and went on some rant. GOD DAMMIT. I'm sick of these God damn idiots ruining the reputation of our race," he complained.”
That's the worst name I ever heard.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Awful

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Police are now looking for susp....errrrrr "person of interest" that may have been involved on the grounds with the shooter .

Apparently the same goes for the Batman nut, as at least one eye witness says they watched a man answer his cell phone, then walk over and crack the emergency door.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score

You think anyone has ever sent SITE a link to Ortonsault's blog?

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Red Baron said:
Fucking Wisconsin.

Only place where this stuff ever happens.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

There's probably a lot of posts by me in that thread.

Dobbs3K

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Ok, I know this makes me sound cold hearted...but I'm really bothered by all this put on camaraderie I'm seeing on Twitter and from the media with relation to the Sikh community. I know everyone has to say "thoughts and prayers" obligatorilly. I get that. But suddenly everyone is an expert on the Sikh faith and inspired by the courage shown, etc. And at least we all now know the correct pronuncIatIon of the word. It just all seems very fake and manufactured to me.

Before you say I just don't get it, a well known person and resident of my town was on his way to that temple when the shooting happened. I've spoken wIth thIs man and hIs famIly many tImes and they are good people. So yeah, it does hit home. I just don't feel moved by all the put on emotional outpouring I guess.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Jingus

Integral Poster
Reaction score

That's natural when you have any kind of heavily-televised tragedy. Every time some actor dies, suddenly you've got posers coming out of the woodwork, talking about how they were this guy's biggest fan.