Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Mass Shootings/Killings Thread

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Trump thinks the synagogue incident would’ve been avoided if they had an armed guard

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/27/politics/trump-jba-death-penalty-pittsburgh/index.html

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
What a surprise that the idiot glosses over the fact it took a swat team and even then, they had officers shot. One or two guards weren't gonna help.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/pittsburgh-donald-trump-jewish-group_us_5bd66a3de4b0d38b5884ee66

They told him to stay the fuck out.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
At this point everyone should just come straight out and tell him to fuck off. Him denouncing white nationalism would be an obvious lie and his alt-right followers would take it with a wink and a nod. There's no getting through to this dumbfuck or his mouth-breather minions.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In contrast, the idea that because of how he handled the embassy in Israel the myth that Trump is somehow pro-Jew is one that seems to be getting slowly debunked.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/11/02/shooting-tallahassee-yoga-studio-injuries-reported/1863424002/

Asshole opened fire at a yoga studio. Killed someone, injured a few, then killed himself.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/multiple-people-injured-reported-shooting-california-bar-085504878--abc-news-topstories.html

Maniac threw smoke grenades into a bar and then murdered at least 12 and of course himself

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Of course if he ends up being white, the right will blame it on mental illness.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm probably wrong here but outside of San Bernadino and Pulse when have mass shootings in the U.S been done by other then by white males?

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Very fucking rarely

Between 1952 and 2018 (not taking this morning into account), 59 mass shooters have been white. 48 have been black, Latino, Native, or other.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd say 59 out of 107 is far from "very fucking rarely"but I still stand by my earlier statement. It certainly applies if he's right-wing and white. Either that, or they will say he is 1/18th Hispanic on his mother's side which also disqualifies him from being white. Gotta keep the race pure.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I’d be more interest in hearing numbers from 2000 and on. That % doesn’t seem to hold with what you hear. And if minorities were that big a part of mass shootings I feel like my racist cousins on Facebook would spam their feeds with the information non stop.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Something awful mixed in the awful news - a female employee at the bar last night was a survivor of last year’s Las Vegas shooting. I can only imagine that poor womab’s mental state.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shooter is a former Marine named Ian David Long. Ethnicity to my knowledge hasn't been revealed but I feel confident in saying that he's white.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Lord of The Curry said:
Shooter is a former Marine named Ian David Long. Ethnicity to my knowledge hasn't been revealed but I feel confident in saying that he's white.

He’s honkey as fuck. No surprise.

Angle-plex

Integral Poster
Reaction score
who gives a fuck what his race is? jesus Christ people died and people only care about politics

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a matter of time before these right wing fucks increase their activity exponentially and start trying to kill groups of "liberals," whatever that means to them at any given moment.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1110206327014461443

2 Parklanders and now a Sandy Hook father in a super short time period have apparently committed suicide. I'm not surprised tbh considering how this stuff just keeps happening with no one doing anything and so many people blaming the victims etc. The burden has to be terrible.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wonder if Joe Rogan will ask Alex Jones about that when he has him on his podcast later today. Prooooobably not.

BorneAgain

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bumping as its Columbine's 20th anniversary today.

I was in middle school at the time and it seemed like such a tragic novelty at the time; a school massacre on that scale. Kind of telling that 20 years and so many incidents since & the conversation has shifted from mass media influence to mental health, while the gun control arguments are still largely unchanged. I will say there is some progress in that Klebold and Harris seem to be the last mass shooters whose names are remembered with a lot the others have (Adam Lanza excepted) gradually been forgotten by much of the culture at large.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was in 11th grade and somehow did not hear about it while I was at school that day and I still did not know it had happened when I went to work that night. One of my supervisors made a crack that essentially compared me to the two of them (asking me if I happened to own a trench coat, if I recall correctly) and I didn't get what he was referring to until the next day or later that night after work. Had I known in the moment, many awful things would have occurred. As it was, I just left it go. He ended up getting fired a few weeks later for altering people's paychecks. So fuck him and he deserved it, is what I'm saying.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
It may not be a school shooting (we need to differentiate *kinds* of shootings, pathetic), but I reference Dylann Roof by name on my tours whenever possible. I also frame it to say I bring it up because I don't want it to be forgotten. Maybe this is different than the kind of notoriety and memory which was the original spirit.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
In hindsight I was still kinda fucked up from the Jonesboro shooting from a while earlier, so it didn't hit AS much. That said I was the asshole 12 year old "Yeah but HOW MANY DIED IN BOSNIA?!" kid anyway.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
The Amazing Rando said:
I was in 11th grade and somehow did not hear about it while I was at school that day and I still did not know it had happened when I went to work that night. One of my supervisors made a crack that essentially compared me to the two of them (asking me if I happened to own a trench coat, if I recall correctly) and I didn't get what he was referring to until the next day or later that night after work. Had I known in the moment, many awful things would have occurred. As it was, I just left it go. He ended up getting fired a few weeks later for altering people's paychecks. So fuck him and he deserved it, is what I'm saying.
Anyone in high school who was quiet and pensive got the "Columbine" moniker. My high school workplace would even say, to my face, that they didn't want me to come in and kill everyone if anything they did pissed me off.