Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Michael K. Williams 1966-2021

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
WTF? Amazing actor in everything. I was always waiting for that one starring role that would put him over the top but it never came along. RIP.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
WHAT THE FUCK CMON

He always brought it no matter the role and no matter the quality of movie/tv show he was in. He could elevate so much. Omar is one of my favorite tv characters ever. this sucks.

RIP

Staff member
Reaction score
This is fucking upsetting wtf. Way way way too soon.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Man, this sucks and all these drug related deaths too :(

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
The We Hate Movies podcast has a term they use now, and then for a “now we’re talking” actor. And any time I’d see him on the screen I’d think “MKW. Now we’re talking!” He was just one of those few actors I’d always love seeing when they’d pop up in something.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aside from the obvious, he was really good in The Night Of and he was in my favourite episode of Community.

And I can't believe he was 54.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Aside from the obvious, he was really good in The Night Of and he was in my favourite episode of Community.

And I can't believe he was 54.
The Night Of was fantastic. Not enough people talk about that one. I went into that one blind, and was so glad to see him there.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I had just started watching Lovecraft Country. Two episodes in and he was great in that too.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He was on WTF like 6-7 months ago talking about his recovery from drug addiction. This is a damn tragedy. One of my absolute favorite actors. Omar Little is definitely on the Mt. Rushmore of television characters for me.
Marc Maron rereleased this episode without his pre interview rant and post interview rant/guitar noodling.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Always great in anything I saw him in. Brief soap box moment, but too many black men in particular are dying before they hit 50, 60 years old.

Reaction score
Dude was such a presence on the screen. Brought so much heart, complexity and vulnerability to his characters that it made him the center of attention even when he wasn’t the main guy. This sucks.