Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MLB Offseason 2020-21

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I’m guessing they won’t be the last to rush. Texas announced the “reopening” on the same day James Harden came back to play the Rockets for the first time and I was half expecting them to try to pack the building. I think Texas is the only state with professional sports that has lifted restrictions but even with their masks, I can’t see two weeks out from Opening Day looking too good.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Nick Markakis officially retired today. Apparently after 15 years he is 8th all-time in games played by a Right Fielder, according to one tweet I read. Sounds like he knew he was retiring since the Braves elimination last year but didn’t make an announcement until today.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Nick Markakis officially retired today. Apparently after 15 years he is 8th all-time in games played by a Right Fielder, according to one tweet I read. Sounds like he knew he was retiring since the Braves elimination last year but didn’t make an announcement until today.
Eighth all time since 1901. It's weird. I don't think Markakis had an exceptionally long career. They just made him a right fielder on day one, he stuck there and he missed very few games.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
That may be changing, bruv. Mets are one of the teams that made enough moves this offseason where they may be interesting.

Right now I‘ve pencilled the first game I’m thinking about attending. Was thinking if all goes well with me getting a vaccine and the world getting better, I’d like to take a trip to SoCal which usually results in a Padres game. Their ballpark is really only open to season ticket holders right now, as they are allowed at a capacity less than annual ticketholders they have (it was something like 10,000 can go but they have 14,000 season ticket holders).

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
That was one of those moments where I remember everything about the moment I saw this for the first time. I was watching SportsCenter and they showed it, and it was a huge, "Oh shit!" moment.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I subscribed to MLB Audio pass. I'm going to try and attempt and make this the year I get back into baseball but given Red Sox roster, I probably already made a horrible mistake.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not looking forward to this Red Sox season but at least my backup is the NL West, which should be pretty interesting.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Marlins have been my NL Team since Expos became the Nationals. Reason I picked them since they were the Portland Sea Dogs MLB affiliate of my youth—-and they probably need all the support they can get.

Anyway, point is I should probably pick a third team to root for this season.