Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MLB Regular Season 2020

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sorry. The starter was hit less for awhile into the last inning when anyone who was still following stopped giving a shit.

Thanks for the correction.

Dandy

Reaction score
You know me; I watch just about every inning. They got him for a hit in the sixth and two in the seventh.

Not great, but not as horrible as it could have been in a 7th inning game.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The apology seemed genuine so there goes his backup plan of Republican congressman for some Ohio district :(

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wasn't Marty Brennaman also ultra critical of Latino Reds players? Like the usual "lack of hustle" crap? And of course would give white players a free pass.

Also I think he was pretty hard on Ken Griffey Jr. when he was in Cincy.

Hmmm...

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also spent years deriding Votto for his tendency to draw walks and was hyper critical of his contact but finally gave in and declared Votto the greatest hitter in Reds history.

Ironically when Jr was traded to Chicago, the first person that he told was Marty and had an alleged heartfelt moment.

Put another way, Marty will spend years with a grudge and then kiss your ass on the way out.

Dandy

Reaction score

I went to Marshall and live in Huntington where Marshall is. This was news in when he said that and it was typical Marty being abrasive about his idea of how it should be. Marshall has been trying to have a baseball field for decades and there were and still are major obstacles to get that done. Land being the major obstacle. I could talk forever about that, but the story here is a Brennaman making a comment that should never be said out loud from a public person. Marty (supposedly it is him) was all over Twitter last night calling people dumbasses and cussing left and right while Responding to Thom’s mistake. They have always come off as basically the same person to me; arrogant and abrasive.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m not an expert but I was always under the impression that his wife handles the social media stuff and knowing his wife, it seems more in line that she would been the one doing the actual twittering assuredly on his behalf. I’m not seeing any official Marty twitter account however.

This is so typical of thom, he says the dumb thing and the conversation here and other places just immediately veers towards his father, a fitting encapsulation of his entire persona and his career.

Dandy

Reaction score
Marty had a secret Twitter handle while he was broadcasting and it was accidentally revealed once. It was definitely him and not his wife. He said he would get a new account and reveal it when he retired. His new handle is followed by verified persons within the organization that know him well, so I do not believe they are being trolled. The handle is @brennaman_marty. Just like his secret handle, he does more replying than anything and rarely tweets anything original. Account is not verified, but it is widely believed to actually be him and he has definitely been the one using Twitter in the past.

Dandy

Reaction score
75B7735F-4D3A-4EB1-99CC-C718E79EC5BB.jpeg
One of the replies I was talking about. He was calling everyone dumbasses and got really worked up by people making fun of Thom having a silent “h.”

“How do you pronounce Thomas???”

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I wasn’t doubting it, just that given other things we know about his wife, I’m surprised Marty is allowed to do anything on his own.

Dandy

Reaction score
Her handle follows him as well. I think she runs Facebook or anything like that but he tweets.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Two Mets tested positive for Covid

Just cancel this abomination of a "season"

Staff member
Reaction score
I am genuinely stunned only one team has postponed games right now.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mets were playing the Marlins so the Marlins were potentially exposed to the virus once again. What a joke this is

Staff member
Reaction score
Mets were playing the Marlins so the Marlins were potentially exposed to the virus once again. What a joke this is

Didn't the whole Marlins team already have it? They would be fine in that case.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Didn't the whole Marlins team already have it? They would be fine in that case.

Petty sure the Marlins have had a bunch of roster turnover since the start of the season

Different players possibly exposed

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
White Sox fan checking in, holy hell was the rebuild worth it and we're setup well into the decade for this. Loving it. Staying in games late against division leaders, actually beating the teams you’re supposed to beat... this is so much fun.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Red Sox fans, everyone. Can’t help feeling bad for them! They might go a couple years without being viable.

If you believe in supernatural beings, ask them really really nicely if they can help the Red Sox in their time of distress.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Who gets the academy award for best portrayal of being poor: Red Sox or Cubs owners?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Hasn't helped that the only good hitters have been Bogaerts and Verdugo while Moreland just got shipped out. The rotation literally reminds me of Major League in that I don't know any of those names.