Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MLW v2

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I had heard they were on Fire, which I’ve never bothered to download but didn’t realize YouTube. Thanks for the heads up. Will have to check them out when I finally get around to checking out NWA.

I had thought the Hart Foundation Redux had resigned around the time AEW was coming about. Will be interesting if they are free to move soon or if an Amazon partnership helps this group shape into another viable group.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I watch at least 6-7 different companies a week through YouTube and Fite (and IWTV). There's so much free content on both of them. Some pretty bad, but there are also some top notch companies on there. Giving up on all WWE programming has freed up a lot of time, plus I watch some at work when I can.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
MLW signed indy favorites "Dirty Daddy" Chris Dickinson and Kevin Ku. I think both dudes are great fits for MLW.

Ku's kind of obvious signing since his tag team partner Dominic Garrini has been with MLW for a few months.

Dirty Daddy is a guy that I'm surprised hasn't been on any major roster until now. He's yoked af, is great as a fired up babyface or monster heel. He's rough around the edges promo wise but very charismatic.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Daaaaaamn good signings and the kind that they'll be better served by. Dickinson isn't on my list of favorites but he has a definite allure to how he works, on a level most other indy geeks just don't have. Him and Fatu ripping into each other should be really fun.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
With Chris being signed, which is awesome, I'm waiting for Deppen to join him there. He'd be great for MLW. I just want to see Tony on my TV every week, besides with GCW and the other indies he's working.

Laz

Reaction score
Last week's show would've been top notch if the core MLW roster was better. The Dynasty can only carry so much of the weight...

Seriously, though. The MJF promo about elementary school was incredible and the ME was a fun brawl that I wish went longer (when normally I think the other way these days).
https://youtu.be/qYWpb4zztYg

Laz

Reaction score
This week's show was a solid continuation of the Mance/Dynasty program. Hammerstone is going to get signed really, really soon by either AEW or WWE, the dude is a natural bully in the ring (putting on a fun David vs. Goliath match with Laredo Kid) and has a natural feel when he's on the mic.

Mance/Savio vs. Pagano/Mortiz exposed how old Savio is, how shit Pagano is (he tries to be Penta Jr but has 1/4 of the ability), and how good Mance and Mortiz actually are. I've turned the corner on Warner and will probably grab his mugshot tee at some point.

Overall, though, I have to say that Fusion might be the best weekly show going right now. It's a quick watch at just under an hour and utilizes what talent Court Bauer can afford to keep in better and better ways. LA Park is such a wonderful promo, even with subtitles, and the Dynasty is just a pair of great dickhead heels.

Hell, even #Injustice are getting better. Kotto Brasil keeps showing more and more personality, Myron Reed is a solid worker all around, and Jordan Oliver is fine as the punchable loudmouth rat of the team.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
MLW has postponed their June event to June 2021.

Who'd have predicted that ROH and MLW would be the smartest, safest promotion when it comes to handling a pandemic?

Laz

Reaction score
Well, Bauer probably has more money coming in from the podcast network than he does from the shows overall, and he's clearly learned his lessons from the first iteration...still, a year off is insane, especially when the company is literally Florida-based and makes use of MSL's IBIW promotion and school.

Also, anybody else just loving how great the show has been? Bauer and MSL might be the two best minds going today, with Don Callis/Scott D'Amore a close second.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I would assumed MLW (and ROH) will do empty arena/limited audience shows sometime in near future but the fact they are taking a couple months off is a very smart move by wrestling standards. I would have guessed MLW, ROH, and Impact would have all jumped back in around the same time.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
MLW has been great. I love the Dynasty (huge Hammerstone fan dating back to the PPW days, and Holliday is a stud), and Injustice. I'd love to see Douglas James used much more (I say this as a friend of his). I really thought they had something with him and Thatcher, obviously that had to stop, but putting him with Violence is Forever would have been great. I love them bringing in Erick Stevens, too.

Laz

Reaction score
Cooking w/ LA Park has been a highlight, too.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I'm wondering why Gino hasn't been on the shows in Mexico. His dad and Konnan have a history together. Are they already trying to phase him out of The Dynasty? I know he's dreadful on the mic, but he has a great look for them and is really good in the ring.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Court Bauer Tweeted this earlier today

https://twitter.com/courtbauer/status/1262372979910025216

Looks like one of the people he was talking about was Richard Holliday

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1262407675201179649

I love it. MLW is bringing in young wrestlers, allowing them to grow and develop, and then they're keeping them around. Holliday is a great talent, he's got a good look, cuts a good promo, and is very good in the ring. Love this move.

Laz

Reaction score
I really hope the other one is Hammerstone. Really, really, REALLLYYYYYYYY hope.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Smart signing on Holliday for MLW and him. I'm sure WWE and AEW both wanted him but he's still a bit too green I think to be a surefire success in a major promotion. Another year or two in MLW will give him more TV time to develop without the added pressure.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Avid Warehouse Enthusiast said:
I really hope the other one is Hammerstone. Really, really, REALLLYYYYYYYY hope.

MLW was the company that believed in him. He always talks so highly of them, for giving him his break. He knows if he goes to either WWE or AEW he'd get lost int he shuffle right now. Impact could be an option, but they're top loaded right now.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
MLW has made a deal with the streaming service DAZN.

Was just coming to post this. I wonder if they will still have their weekly shows on beIN and put them on YouTube? I can't see myself buying a streaming service for $99 a year just for their show.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I had to look DAZN up as I heard of it before but wasn’t familiar with it. Good for MLW if it works out. It to your point, doubt many people will pay just for that, so it will be reliant on customers deciding to watch them.

Laz

Reaction score
I hope they use that more for big events and let the TV show stay on YouTube. I know DAZN has a deal with PlutoTV, but I think it's a weekly show and not a channel.

RedJed

Rasslin' Rambler
Reaction score
While it financially is probably a great deal for MLW, I don't see this new deal as an expansion of viewership at all, and not particularly a plus for the fans. I sure won't shell out $20 a month to support this platform, but I just hope the YouTube episodes stay since that is the only way I'm keeping up with things. I've heard rumblings that they may eventually let go of showing each episode on YouTube to try to get more to sign up to DAZN but I strongly suggest they don't do that as that might kill off whatever viewership base they have that don't get BeIn Sports (I would guess most don't have that channel). Kind of a shaky situation here.

Now if they would air their ppvs on DAZN for a smaller fee than the ppv would be on a regular platform like DirecTV, I would sign up for the service here and there.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I Tweeted out to MLW about them possibly leaving beIn due to this new deal. Looks like they are still going to have their weekly show on there, and this might just be for their big PPVs

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1270496726856712192

Laz

Reaction score
The Pulp Fusion videos uploaded are hit and miss, and I don't care too much for the sporadic cuts between different promos, but Selina de la Renta had a makeover and...daaammmmmnnnnnn

Laz

Reaction score
Yeah, that's about what I expected. Pretty damn good reason he can't keep top available talent from leaving after one or two tapings. Kinda funny that Janela is the one taking it to slimy promoters.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lord knows Janela has worked for plenty of slimy promoters in his recent past. Good for him for using his privilege as someone who doesn't have to work for slimy promoters anymore to call them out.