Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
"But I'm not going to sit here and have a heavy face, I have so much to be grateful for. I'm truly blessed. What an honour to share the world stage with another brother in Christ."

idk why but I laughed hard

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You know this section is dead when one of the last great old man shitfights was made like 20 days ago and I just found out about it now.

I'm talking about Fedor vs Rampage which is happening on a big Bellator/Rizin New Year's Eve 2 day event that starts on December 29. Kyoji Horiguchi is fighting the guy that knocked him out on the Rizin side and Michael Chandler is also fighting Ben Henderson. BUT FEDOR VS RAMPAGE.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't know how good of a source this guy is or what his connection would be but Joe Rogan had Lethwei fighter Dave Leduc on his podcast yesterday and this dude is saying that Diego Sanchez has been cut from the UFC.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Bladelock said:
You know this section is dead when one of the last great old man shitfights was made like 20 days ago and I just found out about it now.

I'm talking about Fedor vs Rampage which is happening on a big Bellator/Rizin New Year's Eve 2 day event that starts on December 29. Kyoji Horiguchi is fighting the guy that knocked him out on the Rizin side and Michael Chandler is also fighting Ben Henderson. BUT FEDOR VS RAMPAGE.

I posted that Fedor match on here a few weeks ago.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
In a move that should surprise nobody Gilbert Melendez has been cut by the UFC. Five fight losing streak with a USADA case thrown in, totally understand why but in a different world he beats Bendo in his debut and who knows what the rest of his career looks like.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I was shocked when he was booked for his last fight. Assumed he’d been cut by then. Forgot about the suspension.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Regardless of that he had some decisions not go his way I think he's going to be lumped into the same category as Hendricks, Weidman and others which is that he dropped off hard once USADA came to town.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As much as Jan has been a really reliable action fighter/finisher as of late I figured that it would amount to a boring fight. Jacare wasn't going to bang out with him like he did with Weidman because he'd get KO'd and Jan wasn't going to open up offensively because he's on the short-list for a title shot and didn't want to risk his spot.

Also, that Shogun/Craig scorecard was badddddd. The first wasn't a 10-8 for Craig and Shogun did enough in two and three to win. I know that Shogun has had some results in Brazil go his way recently but this one he legitimately earned and it sucks that he doesn't get a W.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Might as well. Wasn’t going to get any easier for him in the UFC. Shame he never got a look when he was in his prime. Being pretty one-dimensional now just doesn’t cut it like it used to.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He needs a hip replacement but credit to him he said that the reason he's retiring is because he can't hang with the current crop of WW's.

Having said all that, he was going to struggle with any era of 170 whether it was the current one or the fighters of the past. GSP would have aired him out and I think he would have run up against problems with Hendricks, Koscheck and Fitch too.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/25/us/aniah-blanchard-body-found-third-suspect/index.html

If you do the thoughts and prayers gig or just believe in positive energy send some the way of Walt Harris and his family. RIP.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/nov/28/standwithrayden-justin-wren-rayden-overbay

Some happy stuff to combat the shitty stuff we've seen in the news recently. Justin Wren is a stand-up dude.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ali Abdelaziz made a really weird tweet about fighters not complying with USADA which naturally has given birth to rampant twitter rumors that Usman has popped.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lord of The Curry said:
Ali Abdelaziz made a really weird tweet about fighters not complying with USADA which naturally has given birth to rampant twitter rumors that Usman has popped.

I heard the same about Khabib.

In other news, I heard through the grapevine that the UFC Raleigh card *may* be in jeopardy. The Boxing Authority/Commission was recently reconstituted and is an unmitigated mess, so don't be shocked if this card is canceled or rescheduled.

Just Call Me Dan

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I am strongly considering watching the trainwreck of Alberto/Tito and Tito celebrating with a WWE spinner belt Saturday. $29.99 got me on the fence.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
EK-z28dXUAAglUR

OH YE GODS

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Does it count as a "low" kick, if the guy you're trying to kick is seven feet tall?

They’re not low on anyone else in MMA. Fighters need to adjust everything when it comes to Struve.

Staff member
Reaction score
Man I'm glad that these old guys didn't once again claim another fighter before their career really got going.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Reem had that one in the bag. Weird stoppage since he wasn’t out. But that was an ugly as shit cut

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
Reem has that one in the bag. Weird stoppage since he wasn’t out. But that was an ugly as shit cut

Yeah I don't quite know what to think about that stoppage. Big Dan I think fucked up by calling it in the delayed fashion that he did because Reem landed with his hands bracing his fall and bounced back up fairly quick. A lot of people are saying that they should have let it continue because there was only four seconds left in the fight but I think the counter to that argument is that a doctor who sees damage that severe isn't supposed to care about there being only four seconds left. That cut was legit horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.