Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2020

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The fight isn't over but Magny is just one of those guys that is talented but will never win the important fights.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
33bcmdzz2wc61.jpg

Mike Perry sounds like he’s about to go off the deep end...moreso

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of Usman but I don't understand how people are underrating Burns here. He's a stylistic nightmare for Usman and he's young and hungry.

edit: what the fuck do I know

Last edited:

Staff member
Reaction score
I was talking this with ypov the other night and yeah nobody can beat this dude. Not surprised at all.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I heard Anik mention Guapo's custody battle during the fight and I was like...why would you even mention that?

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lol that's as bad as I've ever seen. It's like he didn't even try.

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like Chimaev just retired due to a COVID related health issue.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sounds like Chimaev just retired due to a COVID related health issue.
Daaaaaamn. Where did you see this? Just two days ago he was talking shit on Twitter to Magny.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score

“When he got here, the doctors took care of him, and they put him on prednisone, which is a nasty f*cking steroid,” White said. “So he’s on prednisone, and he’s supposed to be taking this thing and chilling, relaxing, and letting himself recover. He went in and f*cking trained today, felt like sh*t, and got super emotional and posted that.

“He’s not supposed to be training, but you know, this guy’s a savage. He wants to fight like every f*cking weekend, and now he can’t even train, so he just got emotional and posted that, but he ain’t quitting.”

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

Oh man, great interview from Josh Gross. Can’t wait for the next part.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

World Series of Fighting attempted a one-night tournament on November 20th 2015. The event had a rather controversial finish.

In the opening round Joao Zeferino submitted Brian Foster in 1:46 with a heel hook. In the second round Mike Ricci and Islam Mamedov were unable to continue due to injury. This allowed two fighters who lost in the first round to compete in the semi-finals, one of whom was Brian Foster.

Joao Zeferino again submitted his opponent in under two minutes in the semi-finals to move to the final bout. Foster then knocked out Luis Palomino to also move to the finals. This meant the finals was also a rematch of a bout from the quarter-finals.

Just to make things weird for everybody, Foster knocked out Zeferino in the 2nd round to avenge his earlier loss and win the tournament.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Maybe at atomweight but she is probably 1991-level Greg Valentine at stawweight.

Hrmm... indeed. I was just looking at her record via the ESPN app, which doesn't tell you what weight class her fights were contested at. I had no knowledge of Frey, prior to seeing her fight at strawweight, in the UFC, and had no idea that she ever used to be an atomweight.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hrmm... indeed. I was just looking at her record via the ESPN app, which doesn't tell you what weight class her fights were contested at. I had no knowledge of Frey, prior to seeing her fight at strawweight, in the UFC, and had no idea that she ever used to be an atomweight.
Maybe with time she could be better but she was highly regarded at atomweight while in Invicta. She was expected to do a lot better than she has in the UFC and maybe with time she will.