Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2020

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Agreed. In the past they've also only given out 50K to the guy who made weight in FOTN and then doled out a fourth POTN bonus to somebody else.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Also the Bellator card tonight is way better then the UFC card this weekend. Davis/Nemkov, Corey Anderson, Daley/Homasi on the main card and the undercard is sick too.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Raymond Daniels is so good. Too bad he’s 40, he’s shown a real aptitude for the ground game and takedowns, really willing to learn.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's a press conference today in Florida with Ron DeSantis, Dana White, the mayor of Jacksonville and all six of the fighters involved in title matches. Let's see just how quickly this thing goes off the rails.

Staff member
Reaction score

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Yeah I was gonna say a good sign that celeb boxing isn’t going away is that mma fighters have had two opinions that I’ve seen:

- they want Jake Paul to fight a guy with hands
- they think they have hands and want to fight jake Paul or a retired boxer themselves.

Either way they wanna see him fight again and ultimately it’s Dana’s fault. He just said Jones is out and it’s ngannou vs Lewis, probably strong arming but even just putting it out there shows what ufc fighters deal with on the regular. Just ask these guys what they think of joe Silva.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hate Dana as much as the next guy but our YouTube culture being fascinated by complete and utter trash thus being interested in Jake Paul is absolutely, 100% not his fault.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I mean it’s Dana’s fault that UFC fighters are willing to do this stuff. They shouldn’t want to but many of them look at it as a serious revenue stream.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Woodley got released recently. Had to figure that was happening. After looking like a million bucks against Till he got dominated in 4 straight. Gotta imagine he was under a good contract for those fights. Seemed like he got old overnight.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
If the cycle keeps going then Hall gets the next broken leg. Tough to watch... especially when Chris went to take a step on it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score

I'm going to have to figure out how to make peace with the fact that I'm just not meant to "get" Rose Namajunas. Like, literally everybody I've ever encountered on the internet, who knows anything about MMA (nobody I know in real life likes MMA) likes "Thug" Rose, except me.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
She’s a tremendously fun and skilled fighter. Been open about her struggles with the mental aspect of fighting. Pat Barry possible creepiness aside she’s just a lot of fun to watch.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
She’s a tremendously fun and skilled fighter. Been open about her struggles with the mental aspect of fighting. Pat Barry possible creepiness aside she’s just a lot of fun to watch.
So people keep telling me. I won't fix my mouth to disrespect her skill, but she isn't my idea of fun.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hardest punch to land since Rashad vs Chuck. My god he wrecked him.

Also, give Coach of The Year to Trevor Whittman already. Man has it locked up.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jiri should be fighting Rakic or Anklaev next but with his last two fights ending the way they did I think the UFC will strike while the iron is hot and give him a title shot next. It's going to be interesting watching how things play out with him over the longer term, he relies on his chin in exchanges way, way too much and eventually that meter is going to run out.