Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MMA General Discussion 2020

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score

We are getting to the age when some of the fighters we watched during the boom period are now gonna be going through stuff like this. Not even that long ago.
Dude is also seriously delusional about covid and the vaccine. Claims that everyone is dying of the "covid vaccine" and then told the doctor that he isn't vaccinated because "he hasn't even had covid" which makes no sense whatsoever. I'd think that even if he wasn't addicted to pain pills he'd still be a nut.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Jiri, or Rakic gotta be in line for the next title fight. Barring no reason for Jan, and Glover to have an immediate rematch.

A win over Ryan Spann isn’t a title eliminator.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
What a fucking fight.

Volk seemed in control for 90% of the fight, but anytime Ortega locked in a sub it looked like it had a chance. He moved so quick on that choke he went for in round 3. I was sure he was going to get it.

Valentina does usual Valentina stuff. Thought it would have been over sooner. She doesn’t have a contender at 125. Her speed advantage in that fight was crazy.

Diaz/Lawler 2 looked like I was going to be a disaster from the opening half minute. Turned into a better fight than that. Not surprised to see Diaz quit. He was done.

Andrade is starting to become a favorite WMMA fighter.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
The details for the Jon Jones arrest came out, and they sound really bad. His fiancé sounds like she’s scared for her life with him being a free man.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bisping is actually my favorite color guy now, although I do like Cormier, Felder, and Cruz. Rogan is expendable but I'm sure he will get his Hall of Fame induction shortly after his commentating career is ended for sure.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There is literally nobody they have in the booth worse then Rogan. He doesn't even bother to do any tape study for fights anymore and it shows. Toss him.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think 259 was it for me. Between calling Drew Dober the "most underrated fighter in the UFC" (who then got absolutely crushed by Makhachev) and the call of Jan-Izzy that was enough.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've always been a big fan of Joe but he's kind of gone off the tracks since his move to Texas. I don't listen to his podcast as regularly anymore, but I still gotta give it to the guy for being one of the main reasons I followed MMA and BJJ so closely for all those years.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shout out to everyone who had Saturday's card PVR'd or watched it on Fight Pass and caught on that the main event went the distance and didn't watch it. I think we're at a point now where LHW has surpassed HW as the trash fire division of the UFC.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shout out to everyone who had Saturday's card PVR'd or watched it on Fight Pass and caught on that the main event went the distance and didn't watch it. I think we're at a point now where LHW has surpassed HW as the trash fire division of the UFC.
The main card as a whole was pretty underwhelming

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah like who the hell told Niko Price and Cowboy Oliveira to fight with discipline and restraint for two rounds? Nobody asked for that.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jones has also been banned from the gym at Jackson-Wink but he's still training offsite with Brandon Gibson and Greg Jackson. Mike Winkeljohn tried to play the hero by playing the 'enough is enough' card but realistically the entire team has looked the other way for a decade now and with Jones being benched he's not bringing in any fight revenue to the gym so it was an easy decision to ban him on that pretext.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For those who pay attention to kickboxing Georgio Petrosyan got absolutely murdered by Superbon at the ONE card this morning. KOTY level stuff. Wow.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For those who pay attention to kickboxing Georgio Petrosyan got absolutely murdered by Superbon at the ONE card this morning. KOTY level stuff. Wow.
Petrosyan was 102-2-2 coming into the fight. Generally considered to be one of, if not the top, P4P kickboxer in the world. Yeah, most likely the KOTY.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
Two fights in 7 days, unfortunately she didn't get the record for least time between wins.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man what a trash card. Absolutely nothing of relevance, no impactful wins, no standouts. Blech.
Co-main was a decent big boy fight but yeah, very underwhelming card. Not that I was expecting much coming into it.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me understand why the UFC has kept Arlovski around. His style has devolved completely around fighting to not lose and he's actually improved defensively so the odds of him getting slept are way lower, the last dude to stop him was Ngannou in 2017. And what they should be doing is book him against other OG fighters but they match him up with young dudes who they (theoretically) should want to build the division around.