Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

MONSTER HUNTER WORLD

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I played forever over the weekend. I've now learned to fire the sos flare as soon as available in any quest.

Also apparently there's high level players that get super pissed if a "noob" answers their flare.

Is every online gaming community full of elitist assholes?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damaramu said:
I played forever over the weekend. I've now learned to fire the sos flare as soon as available in any quest.

Also apparently there's high level players that get super pissed if a "noob" answers their flare.

A lot have their share of toxicity for sure. I've been lucky so far with MHW. I set my matching to global, so I actually get a lot of Japanese players in my playthroughs.

That said, I have never once encountered an asshole on ESO or Destiny 1/2. Everyone is always super helpful and friendly, in my experience.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
no fact said:
Damaramu said:

A lot have their share of toxicity for sure. I've been lucky so far with MHW. I set my matching to global, so I actually get a lot of Japanese players in my playthroughs.

That said, I have never once encountered an asshole on ESO or Destiny 1/2. Everyone is always super helpful and friendly, in my experience.

The thing I like about MHW so far is that I have no interaction with these people. I throw up the SOS flare, they show up, we all murderlize the monster and then everyone moves on.

So I'm not sure where an asshole would really be able to contact me and tell me off? I have voice chat turned off too.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damaramu said:
So I'm not sure where an asshole would really be able to contact me and tell me off? I have voice chat turned off too.
Yeah it'd basically have to be through voice chat or maybe messaging you on PSN. I've only ever used voicechat with the Squad I joined over at ResetEra but even then it's used sparingly.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I'm about to end up over my head on these HR quests. So far the monsters aren't that much tougher, they just seem to have more HP, but I keep hearing people speak of this Pink Rathian quest with absolute horror.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Every time I feel like I'm tired of grinding and ready to play something else i go on a quest that's badass and fun or I get the monster part I've been waiting for and I'm sucked back in!

Also the pink Rathian quest was easy.......mainly because I fired the SOS flare as soon as it started and a hunter rank 318 answered.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
MHW and FFXIV:Online are crossing over this summer. I'm guessing these will be timed events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq8CKCQZNMk

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Some french dude joined my online session last night. He was a higher HR than me. He helped me on a quest then demanded I accept a quest he posted. Unfortunately I can't join said quest because I haven't progressed far enough in the story. He started sending me messages in French that were angry for all I could tell because they were in all caps with exclamation points. I just offlined and came back later. I wasn't sure what to do.

Staff member
Reaction score
Damaramu said:
Some french dude joined my online session last night. He was a higher HR than me. He helped me on a quest then demanded I accept a quest he posted. Unfortunately I can't join said quest because I haven't progressed far enough in the story. He started sending me messages in French that were angry for all I could tell because they were in all caps with exclamation points. I just offlined and came back later. I wasn't sure what to do.

"MAGA MOTHERFUCKER"

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I played for about 4 hours last night and only hunted two monsters over and over again to try and get the weapon I want. I have like 7 weapons that I carry that I'm working on upgrading. They're all dual blades because that's my weapon of choice.

Does everyone try to create complete sets of armor or do you just mismatch?

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I try to do sets.. but inevitably I end up hunting other monsters and end up with a mismatched set not-on-purpose.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
no fact said:
I try to do sets.. but inevitably I end up hunting other monsters and end up with a mismatched set not-on-purpose.

Sometimes I just don't feel like fighting a monster over and over so that's how I don't end up with sets. I will do other quests and hunts while building my set so that it doesn't feel repetitive. Unfortunately I find that I progress enough that by the time I have enough for the set it's underpowered and outdated!

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I keep wanting to stop playing this game (as evidenced by my post in "What Are You Playing?") but it keep sucking me back in.

I fought Nergigante and won the battle but carted twice. It was a cheap as hell fight and difficult as hell. Afterwards I was just so irritated I wanted to quit. But then I started doing some expeditions and some easier hunts and I was pulled back in.

I've been playing for 77 hours.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Up over 90 hours now. I didn't get to play yesterday and now I'm feeling serious withdraw symptoms. I've never been this obsessed with a game. There's so many quests and monsters to hunt.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Do I have you on my psn? Shoot me a message next time you're on and I'll link up with you.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I beat the main quest and I'm Hunter Rank 29. I think I've lost interest for a bit now.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I played about an hour and a half of Wolfenstein II last night then decided to fire up MHW again. I played for about two hours and attempted the quest where I fight the two tempered Baezelgues (or however it's spelled) and also the fight against the Lunastra. Both times I summarily had my ass handed to me. I just don't feel like grinding now to fight the same monsters over and over to get better gear. I'm 113 hours into the game. It might be time for a break.