Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Mortal Kombat 11

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"preorder to get Shao Kahn." Preorder to get the boss?

Fuck you modern gaming.

Looks like a sweet game, otherwise.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think we're beyond Shao Kahn being the boss as far as the story goes, no? From what I remember at least. He's basically just a nostalgia pre-order bonus.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You're right.

I still wanted to vent about preorders with a topical (mortal kombat 11 in this case) twist. Accuracy be damned.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm the same with Netherrealm games. I love them but character DLC drives me nuts in general and I'd rather pay* for an entire package at once.

*and pay less when it's bundled as a GOTY/Ultimate edition.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The not way I’d preorder or buy it on release day is if there as some awesome collectible.

I still use my Scorpion and Sub-Zero bookends lol

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
There's a sub that's full of spoilers and leaks:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/

They have transcripts of DLC characters dialog. Also, the Krypt takes forever to unlock.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Was tempted on this, but if it goes the way the last one did it'll be like $10 in 6 months

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-08-21-entire-dlc-roster-for-mortal-kombat-11s-kombat-pack-leaked

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I finished Story Mode last night.

Still confused about a lot things but Mortal Kombat isn't known for having coherent plot lines. Kronika wants to fix the current timeline, so she recruits kombantants from the past to square off with the present ones. Reptile, Mileena, Smoke, Stryker, and a few others aren't apart of this. Also, Kronika probably could have gotten away with it, if she didn't do that. Kronika and Geras can stop present time, so she doesn't really need henchmen. Kronika wants to create a world without Raiden and I believe this makes Raiden jealous and tries to turn everyone on his side by saying she wants to resurrect Shinnok and keep the realms fighting each other. In the good ending with Liu Kang, Kang states it will be up the realms to control their fates, which means there will also be chaos and mortal kombat.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Sabre said:
The t-800 needs to be just Arnold and become more of the battle damaged look depending how much you get the shit kicked out of you ❤️

From the launch trailer, it looks like you got your wish.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was really interested until I saw the price. $40, and that's assuming you already own all the other DLC. If you need to buy the other DLC as well it's $50.

Yeah I'm just gonna wait til it goes on sale.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
And supposedly if you don't own the game, you can get the game plus all that for $60. I'd be pissed if I owned MK11 already.