Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Mr. Potato Head has gone gender neutral

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
To clarify, I guess they still will have individual pieces labeled as such but the overall product line is now a gender neutral label for inclusivity.

Can’t wait to hear about the conservatives rambling about desexing our potatoes.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe it's not an effort to be more inclusive but to more accurately depict potatoes. I'm sure we'll get a lot of unnecessary hot takes (perhaps some ITT) after this announcement.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Will this replace republicans' Paw Patrol conspiracy theory?

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I’m just jealous of the myriad of customization options available now. I’m fairly sure our options in OUR DAY was basically limited to a few pieces.

Congratulations on this new advancement in toy potato heads to all the young children and weird adults.

Slayer

I have no lies or truth in what I say
Reaction score
Don't care about the "political" aspect, but a minor issue for me is how the cadence feels off now; "Potato Head" just doesn't roll off the tongue as well for me without those two syllables in front of it. It's like when WWE establishes a wrestler with a full name for awhile before Vince's brain short-circuits again and declares "No he's just 'Robert' now dammit!"

Also "potato head" sounds like a Victorian-era insult for the Irish ("You bloody potato head!")