Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Music comments that don't warrant a thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
His tenure in Priest was the lowest in band history. Gary Cherone didn't get in with Van Halen and this doofus didn't need to go in with JP.
Josh Klinghoffer was inducted as a member of the RRHOF with RHCP even though he was 32 years old and had only gone one album with them. The Grateful Dead had 12members inducted, including a lyricist who wasn’t technically in the band and a backing singer (and at least one touring member of the band who never appeared on a studio album although with GD, studio albums are kind of peripheral).

My point is RRHOF only lets bands choose which members get in if it’s a band Jann Wenner and his cronies like. I’m almost 100% certain, the RRHOF bigwigs told KISS that only the original four could get in. Look I get that the original era is by far most influential but it’s a bummer that everyone who helped Gene & Paul keep the legacy alive for most of the past 40 years while Peter and Ace farted around is left out in the cold.

Moved to CTDWAT cause Laz would drive up to Maine to punch me in the face if I mentioned Grateful Dead and RHCP in the metal thread. Even KISS is pushing it.

Reactions: Laz

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Isn't that why Axl didn't attend GNR's induction? He was pissed that all the ringers he hired to keep the band alive weren't acknowledged and the Hall just wanted the OG line-up?

Just googled and my man Dizzy Reed got in!

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Power Station is one of the best super groups and I won't change my mind.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My friend just released a single with Michael Des Barres so hopefully I will meet him and get some good Power Station stories.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Reconnected with an old friend today. They've recently taken their high school saxophone out of storage and joined the community band. They want to start doing more than community band gigs and clued me in on a secret hack that adults rediscovering performance use. Join a church band. Regardless of affiliation, they'll welcome anyone happily and you get to practice and perform weekly with other musicians in front of a live crowd and receive positive reinforcement. You don't have to believe a single thing being preached, as long as you smile and nod.

Apparently this advice came highly recommended by non-religious musicians in my friend's life. It's either brilliant or a gag.

Valeyard

Reaction score

Algorithim knows I'm the guy who thinks "I wonder what happened to most of the kids in the 'Runaway Train' video?" at three in the morning. This is actually quite interesting if not extremely depressing.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A clip of a Frankie Valli concert from this past weekend popped up in my feed. At this stage, I am not sure if we aren’t dealing with a voodoo reanimation scenario ala Weekend at Bernie’s II

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Valeyard

Reaction score
I'm so glad I checked to see if this was him JUST turning 40 because I'd have been horrified.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score

This really sucks for all the people who bought tickets and didn't get to see them due to Zack's injury. They had a whole other leg on the tour they ever got to perform. When I saw them in August 2022, that was one of their last shows ever, it turns out.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not that I was holding my breath or even expecting for it to happen but it bums me out that this confirms no more RATM albums. We need their music now more than ever. Even if the album will probably be just as crappy as Prophets of Rage!

Valeyard

Reaction score
calling milli vanilla a music comment smh