Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NANDO DE COLO NUTMEGGED (11/12-11/18 in the NBA)

Staff member
Reaction score
still fly said:
When I read this morning that Dan Tony was hired, I thought I was being Rickrolled for real it was so unbelievable.

Me too. I shook my head about a thousand times from the time I read it until I fell asleep.

Reaction score
So I guess I'll drop these off at the Staples Center:

image.png

Mike_DAntoni_hired_to_coach_NY_Knicks.jpg

tumblr_lnx0rdOzby1qk4a0ho1_500.jpg

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
At least Kobe is gonna have monster offensive stats. And he can't play defense anymore anyways, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised.

Pau and Dwight are going to have to fight for scraps.

Staff member
Reaction score
Pau will be traded for a shooter. Oh God maybe even for Bargnani

Reaction score
Dwight is gonna have a monster season. One of the big dudes will excel, and the other will be in the corner launching 3s, so it's pretty obvious who that guy is gonna be.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Jackamo said:
Pau will be traded for a shooter. Oh God maybe even for Bargnani

He's a really good scorer, and statistically his one on one man defense is better than Bosh. He would flourish in that system. I wouldn't make that trade as a Toronto fan, FWIW

Reaction score
Coach D'Antoni‏@Coach_D_Antoni

Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless agree that I shouldn't be the coach of the Lakers...I've never been so confident that we're gonna win.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Heading to Suns/Nuggets right now. I had gotten the Cavs seats for the other night, Denver for tonight and Hornets day after Thanksgiving in nosebleeds all for $60. Not as cheap as I'd expect with the Suns roster but they are still hovering around .500 this early.

Reaction score
Phil Jackson:

"Saturday morning, Jim Buss, called to ask if he could come and visit. I did ...

not solicit or ask for the opportunity, but I welcomed both he and Mitch Kupchak into my home to discuss the possibility of my return to the Lakers as the head coach. We talked for over an hour and a half.

"No contractual terms were discussed and we concluded with a hand shake and an understanding that I would have until Monday (today) to come back to them with my decision. I did convey to them that I did have the confidence that I could do the job.

"I was awakened at midnight on Sunday by a phone call from Mitch Kupchak. He told me that the Lakers had signed Mike D’Antoni to a 3-year agreement and that they felt he was the best coach for the team. The decision is of course theirs to make. I am gratified by the groundswell of support from the Laker Fans who endorsed my return and it is the principal reason why I considered the possibility."

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
we've seen each other's dicks said:
"I was awakened at midnight on Sunday by a phone call from Mitch Kupchak. He told me that the Lakers had signed Mike D’Antoni to a 3-year agreement and that they felt he was the best coach for the team. The decision is of course theirs to make. I am gratified by the groundswell of support from the Laker Fans who endorsed my return and it is the principal reason why I considered the possibility."
[/quote]

lakersgm.gif

Staff member
Reaction score
Mitch be a lethal no heart motherfucker.

Phil will probably never coach again. Too bad, what a downer :(

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Went to my nosebleed seats after watching Nuggets shoot around, some lady working for Suns came up to me and gave me seat upgrades to row 15 behind the basket.

Staff member
Reaction score
Seat upgrades are the shit, especially when the new seats are ones you would never spend that kind of dough on.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Pretty much. I'm not expecting a pretty game but I spent $20 fir two seats and am now in row 15.

Staff member
Reaction score
T-Wolves are 5-2 without Rubio, Love, and soon to be Budinger. How can this happen?

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Jackamo said:
T-Wolves are 5-2 without Rubio, Love, and soon to be Budinger. How can this happen?

rick_adelman.jpg

I never noticed before, how much Adelman looks like The Jew Hunter

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Coach grew that beard out because, back during one of our playoff meetings in the early 00s, Phil said something (I think in an actual press conference) about how much he looked like Hitler.

Also, his hair was darker, then.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
The Knicks with another double digit win, beating the Magic by 10. They weren't able to score 100 to tonight, but only gave up 89. They were down 52-49 at half but only gave up 23 in the 3rd and 13 in the 4th. There seems to be something special about this team. Their next game against the Spurs is going to be pretty big as that's a legit great team.