NBA All-time 50-point games

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Screen_Shot_2016_12_21_at_1_50_17_AM.png

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Also, as I pointed out on the Kings forum I post at, Cousins became the first King since Tiny Archibald, in '72 against the Rockets, to actually go for 50 in a win:

http://bkref.com/tiny/Nx1Cz

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Devin Booker goes for 70 tonight at Boston, and since the Suns are so awesome, they never led in the game and were down by as many as 26 points. Booker is the third player in NBA history to score 70 or more points in a loss, joining Wilt (who did it three times) and David Thompson.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lou Williams dropped 50 points for the Clippers on Warriors tonight. Not most random 50 point game but maybe most randomly impressive?

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Most random will probably always be Willie Burton or Corey Brewer.

The only player to go for 50 off the bench was Nick Anderson back in 1993. Lou actually started last night, although he's known more for being a 6th man

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I think the other incredible thing with Klay's performance is he only played 27 minutes.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Big weekend as Kemba posts the first 60-point game this season and LeBron puts up the Lakers' first 50 post-Kobe.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Also read that this is the first time there has been more than 3 50-point games in a year by the end of November. LeBron’s was the sixth.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Lamar Odom said:
Also read that this is the first time there has been more than 3 50-point games in a year by the end of November. LeBron’s was the sixth.
I'm not surprised since defense is a dirty word in the NBA these days.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
James Harden with 54 last night in Washington. Combined with Eric Gordon's 36, it's the second-most points ever scored by a starting backcourt, and combined with Wall and Beal's 68, is the most ever scored by both starting backcourts in a game.

BTW, the highest-scoring single game starting backcourt ever? Kobe and Smush Parker with a combined 94 points. Smush had 13.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Make it 8 now as Durant goes for 51 in Toronto. I falsely stated in chat that this was his second one this year, but he "only" had 49 the other night. And interestingly, three of the last four (including Durant's) have come in OT losses.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
LaMarcus Aldridge becomes the third first-timer this season, going for 56 last night in double OT against the Thunder. As pointed out by Slim in the monthly thread, he is the third-oldest player to score 50 for the first time, and it is also the first 50-point game by a Spur in over 10 years.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Giannis makes his first appearance on the list, albeit in a losing effort to the Sixers. It's also the third 50-point game to take place on St. Patrick's Day, joining Kareem and Bob McAdoo.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStYhN-KOWk

-Passed Jordan for oldest player to score 50+
-Only player to score 50+ with four different teams
-First player to score 50 during a season when he averaged fewer than 10 points a game.
-Passed Mashburn for longest gap between 50-point games (3,762 days)

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Updated.

A couple more notes on the Crawford game: Only nine other players in NBA history have posted the numbers shown in the above graphic in a game. Ray Allen is the only other player who was over the age of 30 when he did it. He was 31. Crawford is 39.

Crawford is also the second reserve in NBA history to have a 50-point game (Nick Anderson was the first).

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Yes, I'm slipping

Friday was the first time since 2005 that two players had 50-point games on the same night. Lillard's game is the 19th instance where a player had 60 or more points and his team lost. The others are

Wilt Chamberlain (11 times)
Michael Jordan (twice)
George Gervin
David Thompson
Bernard King
Devin Booker
Kemba Walker

Also, last season's 22 50-point games were the most in any season not featuring Wilt Chamberlain.

suck it cwm

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone is aware now about the protest over the dunk that wasn't by Harden, which also happened to be his most recent 50-point game. So I guess that one gets an asterisk for now?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Dana Barros, Tracy Murray, and Clifford Robinson have to be a few of the more random names to believe they scored 50 points in a game.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Harley Quinn said:
Dana Barros, Tracy Murray, and Clifford Robinson have to be a few of the more random names to believe they scored 50 points in a game.

The most random of all: Willie Burton

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/kbdep3/throwback-thursday-willie-burtons-53-point-nba-game-and-the-likeliness-of-unlikely-greatness
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199412130PHI.html

Happy 25th Anniversary to Willie Burton's 53 point game. That was actually the most points ever scored at The Philadelphia Spectrum

LOL at Clarence Weatherspoon having a 4 for 20 shooting night. I forgot how garbage the Sixers were in the post Barkley, pre-Iverson era.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
He took more shots than Willie did!

Damn 28 free throw attempts, the Heat as a team only shot 20. Eat your heart out James Harden