Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Boycott

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wow. Pat Beverly is a dick off the court too.

I didn't even know Udonis Haslem was still with the Heat. I just assumed he left when Dwyane Wade did. He could probably ride the end of the pine for the Heat until he's 65.

Damn I thought he quietly retired like 2 or 3 years ago like Nick Collison did with the Thunder..

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NBATV even had a sit-down conversation between Dwyane Wade & Udonis Haslem where they talked about retirement.

1598626093235.png
Udonis Haslem's agent: Can't retire if you never play.

He's only played in 4 games this season...but one of them was a start (meaningless last game before bubble playoffs two weeks ago)

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
LeBron comes off as the typical bully who tries to intimidate you into thinking his way, only to take his ball and go home when someone (Haslem) stands up to him. He was probably upset with the Bucks because he couldn’t come up with it first and take all the credit

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yo, obviously I'm a Rockets fan so Pat Bev's got a place in our hearts but uh.. Fuck Pat Bev

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hope the players all volunteer to work at the polling locations since that’s a critical need.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
LeBron James is donating a lot of money to train poll workers. I'm sure some of them actually will volunteer.

How great would it be if JaVale McGee is at your local polling place? JaVale handing you your "I Voted" sticker!

Staff member
Reaction score
LeBron comes off as the typical bully who tries to intimidate you into thinking his way, only to take his ball and go home when someone (Haslem) stands up to him. He was probably upset with the Bucks because he couldn’t come up with it first and take all the credit

The reports say that he was mad that there was no plan to do anything further. It wasn't because of Haslem. It was because he wanted to put pressure on the owners to do something. In any case he didn't take any credit for anything.

Also, supposedly Kawhi did the same thing and they walked both their teams out at the same time

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
...to hope for other things that can help a big issue during a pandemic?

Why is suggesting other ways to be active a negative?

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score

The reports say that he was mad that there was no plan to do anything further. It wasn't because of Haslem. It was because he wanted to put pressure on the owners to do something. In any case he didn't take any credit for anything.

Also, supposedly Kawhi did the same thing and they walked both their teams out at the same time

Yeah, looking at it again I think it was just the way the article was worded with Haslem's comment and LeBron/etc. walking out in back-to-back paragraphs. I'm not going to argue this too much because I don't want to get branded as a LeBron hater, but somehow I doubt he would have been as receptive to that criticism if it was directed at his team

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
I don;t think Lebron was in the wrong at all reading everything. I can see how some people might see that he was being a bit obstinate or something but I think he was trying to look at the big picture.