Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA February 2021

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I only know this because I just looked it up, but "Jasmine" is Kendall Jenner, one of the few members of the Kardashian brood who appears to have had minimal chemical and/or plastic enhancements. I guess she used to date Ben Simmons and now dates Booker.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ben also probably had a career high with Embiid as a late scratch and the ROY "beef" with him and Donovan Mitchell.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Has the deadline for voting expired? Because, based on my experience with "Hives," that endorsement is probably worth at least 50K last-minute votes. Not enough to place, of course, but enough to be newsworthy.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Has the deadline for voting expired? Because, based on my experience with "Hives," that endorsement is probably worth at least 50K last-minute votes. Not enough to place, of course, but enough to be newsworthy.
I think voting either just closed or is closing. I feel like last time I looked at counts, it didn’t seem likely there would be enough votes to change the current results. Guys were ahead by several hundred thousand, nothing was too close.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
So Jamal Murray had a 50-point game going hitting 21 of 25 shots and zero free throws

Last edited:

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
According to Shams, the Rockets and DeMarcus Cousins are parting ways.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
That’s kinda surprising given that last I knew Wood still has no time table for return. He’s been playing solid in place of some of Wood’s minutes.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Cousins, as much as I go up for the guy, is a liability in their "switch everything" defense, as he cannot defend high side on a pick and roll. He's also being wasted in an offense that has him out on the perimeter: he's their best healthy rebounder, on a team that does nothing but jack up threes, and they deliberately keep him out of the paint.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
That’s a good point. I watched one of the Rockets recent games that was on and was surprised that Boogie was living at the three point line with everyone else.

It really is too bad as I think he’s played pretty well this season considering everything he came back from but the league has gone away from the type of game he can thrive at. He is a pretty good ball handler for a big but I just can’t think of a place he really fits in with an involved role at this point. Maybe Boston? They could use some size and his versatile skill set without using him how Houston is.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Honestly the Bulls need an actual center. Lauri and Thad Young are Power Forwards and Wendell might be as well. The less said about the other three bigs Felicio, Kornet, and Gafford the better. When there's an actual big man with size and skill like Embiid putting up insane numbers last night, the Bulls bigs can't do much to stop him. I know Boogie is a lousy defender, but he has actual SIZE and a big body. I wouldn't mind if they at least thought about it, but it would be a risky move and could go horrible.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Man, @909 and @King Kamala called dibs. For the Celtics’ sake I really hope he doesn’t make his judgment off of the the posts of these CXFers unless Boogie is a secret fan of really disgusting food or way too into OnlyFans.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I do like the Celtics idea and the Raptors could be an interesting spot as well. I do think it may come down to the usual suspects of Clippers, Lakers and Nets.

I tend to think he may go the ring chasing route this year, because even if he went to a team with more of an immediate need I think he is at a point in his career where he may be a 1 year contract/MLE guy from here on out.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
New Orleans came back from being down 24 to make the greatest comeback in their franchise history and beat the Celtics by 5 in overtime.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
I question the veracity of that "history," mostly because I refuse to pretend that the Pelicans are not the original Hornets, and I'm pretty sure that that milestone involves no-selling at least an additional 15 seasons of history that belongs to this franchise.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, I hadn’t delved into that. It gets messy because I think Charlotte took back Hornets history when they became the Hornets again and I guess Bobcats stuff just disappeared. I know the Thunder stuff is selective when they include the Sonics or not.

In more concrete milestones, Chris Paul moved into sixth all time for assists last night. I think slightly more impressive is in looking at the list, Lebron is almost stealthily in the 8th all-time spot currently.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
The whole thing is a sore subject for me, because I was, like, the world's biggest Gerald Wallace fan, following him over from Sacramento. And, when New Orleans gave the Hornets name back to Charlotte, and became the Pelicans, everybody just acted like the Hornets had never left Charlotte, and that the Bobcats just... never happened. And I'm just sitting here like, "Fuck each and every last one of you! Gerald Wallace was an All-Star for the Charlotte Bobcats; he never played for the Hornets. If you're saying that the Bobcats never existed, then you're saying that his All-Star season never happened, which... fuck you for that!"

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Agreed. I always liked Gerald Wallace but now the prime of his career is treated without a home. Especially because they dumped him before ditching being the Bobcats. Guys like Kemba who started as a Bobcat at least gets that time lumped into when they changed to the Hornets.

I’ve felt similarly when they talk about all these Thunder team records and the prime of Gary Payton’s career is attached essentially nowhere.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Basically everything in Charlotte is considered the Hornets history and everything in New Orleans (minus the NO Jazz) is considered the Pelicans. The Sonics are currently considered part of the Thunder's history but when Seattle gets another team they get everything back.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Except this

i

Smartly Pretty

PujolJunkie
Reaction score
Minnesota fires Ryan Saunders and hires a coach from outside of the organization to a multiyear contract on the same day that Saunders and the T-Wolves play a basketball game. Fucked up IMO

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I was a bit surprised by that last night. Wolves have been awful but they've been plagued by injuries this year too. Probably a time to move on but weird timing.

Also, I wasn’t as much surprised by a hire outside of the organization as much as them hiring someone that was actively on another team’s coach staff. Chris Finch, who they hired, was a current Raptors assistant. So did they interview him before? Secretly interview him before dumping Saunders? No interview, just knew they wanted him from before? There were just a few pieces that seemed odd but may stay under the radar because no one is paying attention to or following the Wolves.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Eu7L5HqXEAAoevf

Kenny trying to make me mad by leaving Zach off the list. The guy is flirting with a 50/40/90 (His free throw % is at 86) season while averaging almost 29 points per game while improving his playmaking and defense. He's turned into a pretty solid help defender and has pestered a lot of shots with his length. He's shooting 43 percent from 3 and taking a lot of them. He is scoring so much more efficiently than someone like Trae Young who also deserves a spot, but Zach shooting so much better than him is an example of how good he is this year. Last year I thought some Bulls fans were a tad over the top with the Zach all star stuff, but he's definitely one this year. He's putting up the most impressive scoring season on the Bulls since MJ. The Bulls currently are tied for the 8th seed and are currently better than the Heat or Hawks or Wizards who have players either on the team or in the mix, so that not on a playoff team excuse doesn't cut it for Zach this year either. I hope he makes it today. He's been so incredible to watch this season.

Last edited:

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I don't even know what the criteria is for this stuff anymore. Last year Kyle Lowry made the the team over Bradley Beal presumably because the Raptors had a better record, but now Vucevic somehow makes it over Sabonis