Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Orlando Magic

Cheech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
still fly said:
Simply amazing. 4 chips in nine years.Team of the decade, hands down.
They have an argument for best "franchise" of the decade, but not team. This isn't the same squad that won three titles earlier this decade. The 03-07 Spurs are still probably the team of the decade.

Cheech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So, what happens with Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza, Hedo Turkoglu, Marcin Gortat and Rafer Alston? Lots of guys who played in a big role this series are going to be at the forefront of a potentially crazy offseason.

M

Matt Young

Cheech said:
The dream is over, Karc.

Post of the day!

Great win by the Lakers. Lots of Mexicans shooting off fireworks in my neighborhood. It's wonderful to see Phil Jackson get his 10th ring, and to see Kobe and Derek Fisher celebrating their 4th together.

I think we learned 2 big things about the Magic in this series, that kind of go hand in hand: They're one piece short of being a championship team, and Dwight Howard, while an excellent player, is not a good leader for this team. He's more like Pau Gasol, but with better defense; a very good big man who needs someone else to help him, particularly on offense.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
As a basketball fan I'm really happy about all this. Kobe winning his 4th ring and officially taking the GOATOTM crown, Phil Jackson passing Red, D-Fish, Pau, Odom and ADAM FUCKING MORRISON rocking title rings. Stan Van Jeremy and Dwight Howard getting taken behind the woodshed......I'm enjoying all of this very much.

Satisfying end to an entertaining season. Looking forward to the draft and free agency.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
6a00d8341c630a53ef011571124a65970b-800wi

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Shaq didn't sign with Cleveland so he could steal Kobe's spotlight.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Cavs get Shaq and they're winning it all next year. No question. Get it done Donnie Wahlberg!

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
I guess this will be the last post in this thread. I went to the parade today. Pretty cool, but unfortunately the LA Coliseum was filled to the max so I didn't get to see the rally live. Still got to see Kobe and friends in the double decker. This makes two parades for me this decade, and I'm never doing it again.

zio

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Phil Jackson looked so much cooler with a moustache and soul patch. This is the reason I wanted the Lakers to lose.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
still fly said:
I guess this will be the last post in this thread. I went to the parade today. Pretty cool, but unfortunately the LA Coliseum was filled to the max so I didn't get to see the rally live. Still got to see Kobe and friends in the double decker. This makes two parades for me this decade, and I'm never doing it again.
Hopefully you won't get the opportunity to!

darthtiki

$100 Bills hangin' out of my pocket
Reaction score
still fly said:
Oh man, if the Dodgers win it all this season, the cholos will have a riot to end all riots.

LA will be a smoking crater if that happens. Also, maybe some of the resident hardcore Laker fans can answer me this, but what is the disdain for the car flags?

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
The car flags are lame because for some mysterious reason they only appear on cars after the Lakers win a championship. They are the symbol of the bandwagoners and johnny-come-latelys.