Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs Orlando Magic

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score
Why the hell should any Laker fan be nervous?

And there shouldn't be a victory parade unless the Lakers pay for it in full.

M

Matt Young

Still Fly, I like Lamar Odom and all, but he definitely should not be compared to Scottie Pippen.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
Matt Young said:
Still Fly, I like Lamar Odom and all, but he definitely should not be compared to Scottie Pippen.

I know. I'm not being serious. Still though, I never thought Lamar Odom would even sniff the Finals let alone be one game away from winning one. He's come a long way since his Clippers days, and it's nice to see a dude with so many personal issues and professional setbacks get his day in the sun.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Have the Lakers finished this off yet? Sheesh.
Yeah the Magic are like two things going right away from being up 3-1, but at this point they've shown no ability to get out of there own way and actually do something. I just want LA to finish it off so we can get onto the draft and next season.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Here's why the Lakers should possibly be nervous:

- The last 3 games could have gone either way. What if the next 3 games are the same way but Orlando actually makes plays this time?
- The Lakers are known to take games off and maybe they won't be able to push the 'on' button again until it's too late.
- SVG might decide this Nelson thing wasn't very smart.

Likely? No. But not impossible.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
I said the same things last year when the Lakers blew Game 4 against the Celtics and we saw what happened in Game 6 in Boston. It's one thing to be down 3-1 being outclassed by the opponent, but the way Game 2 and 4 went for the Magic, I doubt they want to march back to Staples Center to be annihilated. They'll give a good effort in Game 5, but I expect the Lakers to win.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man, if Courtney Lee makes one of those two shots in Game 2, we'd be talking about this series being one of the best Finals in a long time..

M

Matt Young

Twitter said:
BillPlaschke Welcome to game 5 of nba finals. As final proof that this orlando gym is a dump, guess who was in my bathroom line this time? Sasha Vujacic

2 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

LOL

Fökai

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wait, did Kobe end up not getting surgery after the end of last season?

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
Kobes finger was dislocated during the first Cavs game. He said he didn't need surgury on the pinky he hurt last year.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
These refs have been absolutely terrible for both teams tonight. The NBA really needs to look into this. Pathetic.

Nice second quarter by the Lakers btw.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
I'm so glad the Cavs lost so we all could watch one of the greatest finals of all times.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
KOAB said:
But I could also see the Lakers win in 5... a team that lives and dies by the 3 is a team I generally have a hard time rooting for. Van Gundy isn't the coach Phil is, and overall, the Lakers bench is better than the Magic's bench. There's only two other guys I would put in the same status as Kobe Bryant when it comes to guys I want with the ball in their hands in the final seconds of a game down by two or three. If Odom and Gasol show up in the same game... I don't even wanna think about that. Bill Walton is convinced that Trevor Ariza will step up and become the next great Laker, and this series might just be the beginning of that... I'd be happy to see it, I like the way he plays. Kobe will have to score 35+ a game and I can see him easily doing that.

This is really going to be an enjoyable series, that's for sure.

at least some predictions came true

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
obama_family_essence_575.jpg

kobefammvp1.jpg

COINCIDENCE??!?!?!?!?!?