Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA in April 2021- Shaq to fight Yao Ming in exhibition for Triller

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man, I wish.

I did see a couple people buying that Vince Carter was coming out of retirement to play for the Brooklyn Nets.

Discuss actual news for NBA in April 2021 ITT

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
When was the last year that the MVP race was this wide open? To me there's six guys who could win at this point and I wouldn't have a legit gripe about it.

Joel Embiid is averaging 30 points and 11.5 rebounds for a team that's been at the top of their conference all season. Unfortunately he suffered a hyperextended knee a couple weeks ago, but until that point this was the first season he hasn't really been doing the load management thing.

James Harden has kept the Nets atop the East despite Durant's injury, almost averaging a triple-double since joining the team and leading the league in assists. I can see him losing goodwill with some of the voters following the Blake/Aldridge signings, though, which isn't really fair.

I don't think Giannis should be fully counted out, but again a lot of the media voting is narrative-based, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him get stiffed simply because they don't want him to get three in a row.

LeBron is always gonna be in the mix, but he is probably gonna lose a lot of support depending on how long this injury keeps him out. But seeing the Lakers without him pretty much speaks for itself.

Nikola Jokic might be the front-runner right now, just based on the astronomical numbers. 27/11/8.5, and close to 50/40/90, as a center! Unfortunately the Nuggets' record isn't quite up with those other teams.

Damian Lillard probably has the least help around him of any of the players named, and deserves consideration for keeping him team solidly in the playoff picture in a historically competitive conference. Only five players (Oscar (x6), Tiny Archibald, Jordan, Westbrook, Harden) have averaged 30 points and 8 assists in a season. Lillard is currently at 29.8/7.8

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kind of surprised that LeBron never averaged 30/8. My pick for MVP was Jokic but it's been a few weeks since I've sat down and thought about it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
It has been a great race this year. Not sure how much longer Lebron or Embiid are going to be out (I heard Embiid may be back this weekend) but I think the length of their time out will probably play into voting.

I’m more impressed with Harden this year than any of his campaigns in Houston. He’s done a great job reshaping my view of him. My guess is the media still goes with Giannis because despite Lebron not having as many MVPs as he should for voter fatigue and whatnot, I feel Giannis is still universally beloved while still being hands down the biggest gap in best player on roster to second best player on roster of any contending team.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score

So apparently Kevin Durant decided to basically confirm that what he sent to Michael Rapaport via private messages. Now I haven't seen all the rant that KD gave to Michael, but it supposedly is homophobic and he really seems to think that Michael's wife doesn't respect him. Most places only put up the wife part.

While I'm not one for sharing private messages, I mean if someone decided to be an asshole like this and then say anything about my wife (if I had one, I'm single), I would've probably done more. So yes, I'm outing myself as a hypocrite.

I'm just now wondering what's going to be KD's punishment for his comments. He definitely will receive something because the owners are going to be like "hey, if we can lose our job for being racists (Sterling), you can certainly be punished for being homophobic". Not sure how much he'll get for a suspension, but it probably will be a long while I would think.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think Rondo only got suspended for one game for calling the gay referee the F slur d so I can't imagine KD will get any worse than that.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
He’ll get a fine and it’ll be forgotten within about a week
You were right about the fine, but looks like it didn't even take a week for people to not think about it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I saw that yesterday. I’m excited to see him get another shot but New Orleans seems like a bad landing spot for him. I feel like they have too many guards as-is. I know they just dumped JJ Redick but they weren’t really using him either so unless there is something I’m overlooking, I’m not sure this was the best move.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I was watching wrestling and some other stuff tonight so I didn’t watch Suns-Jazz. I was just going through my email before bed and saw an ad that apparently the Bally Sports broadcast was going to have a special guest appearance from John Cleese. I am so confused what the connection is there so I’m going to have to look up why this happened.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
The Raptors scored 87 points in the first half tonight against the Cavs. That's almost as bad as giving up 92 POINTS IN THE FIRST HALF

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
They looked like shit, but the new guys didn't get into Chicago til this morning and they never practiced or played together or anything. LaVine also played with a bum ankle tonight. He should've sat, but wanted to play with Vucevic...

... I'm still very optimistic about the rest of the season and they hopefully will be better once everyone becomes familiar with each other.

Just a friendly reminder that the Bulls are 3-6, since you said this.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know man. You were right. What was I supposed to say back then? I was on a high about how much I liked my team. The GarPax front office never made trades at the deadline. This new group made two and I was so excited about that.

I've been so bitter towards the Bulls for like half a decade, I just wanted optimism. Now I don't even know if I want to keep watching them. Basketball is my favorite sport, but this is just sad and depressing anymore. I know the Bulls are hated by you because of The Kings I guess, but I just want to like my team again and hopefully next year that will happen. I try not to get snarky with other fans anymore about being a fan of a bad franchise since this pain is not fun.

This 3-6 run might be the most painful yet because I like the talent on this team and they can't win a fucking game. Going the entire season without a traditional point guard has been a disaster and Billy Donovan has been starting to get exposed. This sucks so much for me as a Bulls fan to admit that this Vuc trade might of wasted another five or ten years and the Bulls will be bad forever.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you're doing the math on "Kings fan = Bulls hater" but, the Bulls and Kings don't have any rivalry that I'm aware of. In any case, I don't even ride for the Kings, any more. To paraphrase the great American philosopher Bomani Jones, I got off that narcotic, years ago.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you're doing the math on "Kings fan = Bulls hater" but, the Bulls and Kings don't have any rivalry that I'm aware of. In any case, I don't even ride for the Kings, any more. To paraphrase the great American philosopher Bomani Jones, I got off that narcotic, years ago.
I think that was a roundabout way to say you're a dick for randomly bringing his post up weeks later.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Joe Johnson has a workout scheduled with the Bucks in hopes of filling their last roster spot

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's a huge bummer about Murray. The Nuggets looked awesome the few times I got to see them play The Bulls. Murray was unstoppable in one of the games and hit a game winner I believe.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Reaction score
Watching this LAC/IND game, and I can't help but notice that, for a team that has both the league leader in steals and the league leader in blocks, the Pacers' defense is super mediocre.