Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA March 2021: Hey now you're an All Star, put your mask on, get paid.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anthony Mason stood out for me. I knew he was a journeyman before the Knicks run but I didn't think he was *that* old. Turns out he didn't make an NBA All Star Team until 2001, in his 3rd to last season with Milwaukee!

Sam Cassell is kind of same category as Korver where he was always a good roleplayer but didn't become great until he was an old dog.

And damn. I forgot how good those early '00s Milwaukee Bucks teams were. They were probably a player or two away from making a Finals and getting rolled by the Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Cassell’s lone appearance was post-Bucks though. It was the year in Minnesota where KG got his MVP.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think because it was Durant, a lot of people just figured he would still be great regardless. I'm surprised he's been putting up his career usual numbers though. I thought there would be a slight dip.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
It‘s too late to add two new guys now. They aren’t flying anyone in day of game so they will probably just operate two players short.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TNT Headquarters are in Atlanta. Let's put some of the Inside The NBA crew on double duty and make Shaq the first guy to compete on AEW Dynamite and in the NBA All Star Game in the same week.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Really surprised the Atlanta video package was prominently using TI music, especially since Marvel dropped him from the next Ant-man due to recent allegations.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
The only other time I can even remember hearing that slur was when I watched Full Metal Jacket. That's some old school 'cism, right there.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
LaMarcus Aldridge and the Spurs have decided to mutually part ways. Can’t say I’m surprised as that never really worked as intended there.

My main guess on him resurfacing is probably going back to Portland.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Remember when people thought LaMarcus would extend the Spurs Dynasty when he joined in 2015? Put that one in the "it seemed like an OK idea at the time" files.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
In all fairness, I doubt most of those people envisioned Kawhi flaking out or the Warriors signing Durant. At the time it did seem potentially that impactful

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh totally. I was one of those people and I also think assumption was that Timmy might stick around for more than a season after LaMarcus got there in a reduced role ala David Robinson in late '90s/early '00s and him, Manu, and Tony Parker would suddenly look very old that season.

Looking at the Spurs Wikipedia, I forgot that Spurs won 61 games and were the #1 seed season after Duncan retired. So if Kawhi hadn't flaked out, Idk if they would have won more championships but they probably still would have hovered around Conference Finals. I'd still be apoplectic at him if I were a Spurs fan!

Last edited:

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to trade guard Hamidou Diallo to the Detroit Pistons for guard Svi Mykhailiuk and a 2027 second-round draft pick