Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Offseason 2020: Things Are Boylen Over

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
allt4.jpg

I'm not gonna lie the way the new Front Office was waiting for so long, I thought there was like a 90% chance Boylen was coming back. It was the easiest decision that can be made.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
1597430388432.png
Vegas odds on Brooklyn's next HC. Man oh man I want Jason Kidd inexplicably to get Round 2 as Brooklyn's head coach after the last debacle. Tim Duncan as the Nets coach would be awesome too.

Are there actual rumors that Pops is going to leave San Antonio? Being that he's 71, I always assumed that when he left the Spurs, he'd be leaving for good. It'd be surreal to see him coaching a "superteam". I can't even wrap my head around the idea of Pops trying to coach Kyrie.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Alvin Gentry is out as the HC in New Orleans.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Alvin Gentry seems example 1A of how thin the depth pool is for NBA head coaches. He's coached 16 seasons and made the playoffs 3 TIMES. Granted he was in a few no win situations (early '00s Clippers and early '10s Suns) and has won a 'chip as an assistant but still, it's funny that someone as mediocre as him can get so many chances.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Vlade Divac is out as head of basketball operations for the SacKings.

Joe Dumars is taking over as interim GM. Oooof. Hope for the SacKings case that Joe Dumars returns to his early-mid '00s form but I HAVE MY DOUBTS.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
I enjoy the false hope the Bulls gave Boylen.

All the signs of the typical Reinsdorf stupidity were pointing toward Boylen being kept just to save a few dollars.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saw Screamin A talking shit about the Bulls this morning while his team picked up a coach stuck in 2013 and their runner up was Jason Kidd. Dave Fizdale was on the show too and they were implying he wants to coach the Bulls and Fiz is worse than any option other than bringing back Boylen immediately after firing him.

Hmm, any of those choices are good with me. I know Griffin had domestic assault charges come out the other day, but his kids said that they weren't true. It seems like a messy situation there.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He was neck and neck with Boylen as worst coach in the nba until Boylen said "If you build it the wins they will come" and compared Luke Kornet to Robert Horry. Both guys were absolutely terrible with utilizing big men the correct way. And Fiz would be awful for the Bulls.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think there's always a threat that Fiz will get another head coaching job as long as LeBron isn't washed cause people dumbly think LeBron will want to play for him since they're buddies IRL.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
It always fucks me up a little bit, every time I get reminded that Jami Gertz is part of the ownership group for the Hawks.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
T-Wolves keep winning lotteries.

1. Minnesota
2. Golden State
3. Charlotte
4. Chicago
5. Cleveland
6. Atlanta
7. Detroit
8. New York
9. Washington
10. Phoenix
11. San Antonio
12. Sacramento
13. New Orleans
14. Boston f/Memphis

Not gonna lie, I love the fact that the Kings and Grizzlies picks Boston coveted for so long became back to back 14th picks.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Bulls aren't drafting 7th for once!

What sort of alternate reality did we fall into?!?!

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
909 and I were talking before and he said knicks would get the number 1 since this draft doesn't have much and I said "nah they're so cursed they'll drop low"....welp.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This draft reminds me a lot of the 2013 draft where there is talent, but where people evaluate them varies all over the board.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Boston has some ammunition to move up or get future picks though: 14th, 26th, 30th, and 47th Picks