Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Offseason 2020: Things Are Boylen Over

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I get they want the Christmas Day games and money with that but if it were me, just start in January. Now you got people away from their families for the holidays, though I guess the latest version has everyone playing in their home arenas (except the Raptors who I think were rumored for like Kentucky) and they were going to sell suites to fans.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like play is going to suffer from rushing back but I also heard maybe there'll be a weird tournament format? Maybe start with the non playoff teams?

I know NBA is so entrenched on Christmas Day (even NFL couldn't really override them when they played some random games then) but given these uncertain times, I don't think anyone would've been upset if they started on MLK Day. But I guess a big reason for this timetable is they want to get 70+ games in AND have players available for the 2021 Summer Olympics.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
ESPN's Mark Jones is going to be the new "primary" play-by-play announcer for the Sacramento Kings, replacing Grant Napear. Sacramento is expected to still hire a "secondary" PBP caller, for any games that conflict with Jones' ESPN commitments. During the restart, TV PBP duties were handled by longtime radio caller Gary Gerould, but he is not expected to return to TV, for the 2020-21 season.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Eh as a fan of a team that hasn't played since March that will have a whole new coaching staff and front office, I say BRING ON THE EARLY START.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Eh as a fan of a team that hasn't played since March that will have a whole new coaching staff and front office, I say BRING ON THE EARLY START.

I think this an underrated part of this coming together, lost in the money or the NBA tearing up the CBA under force majeure. While it will suck for the Lakers, Heat, Nuggets & Celtics, they need to think about all of the teams that haven't played since March as well.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm mildly interested in the Knicks more than usual because of Thibs tbh. The Knicks roster seems like a much better fit than the Timberwolves. I think Mitchell Robinson should thrive under him and Barrett maybe too if he can adapt to the intensity, but we will see. Now the Cavs on the other hand

giphy.gif

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
As for the Bulls, Lauri has been shit lately but hopefully this endorsement gets him to actually work on his game

2xvethawapx51.jpg

IF THE POWER OF CHEESE DOESNT MOTIVATE HIM TO GET BETTER NOTHING WILL

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I think the thing will be how the personalities mesh with Thibs because he can win if personalities are right but if they are not, he is too stubborn to find a way to make it work (see Minnesota).

I think this will be a year to see what they have with RJ Barrett. He still gets a good amount of hype but I really haven‘t seen it for myself. I think he will be a good player that sticks in the league for ten years but I haven’t seen that “future All-Star” play that some people hype.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Great statement from Celtics.
Kidding aside, this is a devastating loss for the Celtics organization. He was for the Celtics what Yogi Barra was for the Yankees.

I can not and will not accept Brain Scalebrine as his replacement!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
CP3 overachieved enough with that Thunder team that I am curious.

But mainly because I know I’d be better for State Farm than Oscar.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hack-A-Tron 3000: People said the Knicks wouldn’t get any titles this year and they already have one...COVID positive!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Tim Duncan is stepping down as a full-time assistant for the Spurs. Apparently many expected it to be one-year only, which I hadn’t heard before. As good as he was and as smart as he is, he never struck me as someone interested in coaching.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I think the Westbrook stuff is stemming from the fact that it sounds like they may be trying to get Harden back with Morey in Philly. I would assume that would be the Sixers keeping Embiid and including Ben Simmons for Harden. Then wherever and whatever they do with Westbrook. I’ve seen Knicks, as always and still with no true assets, and Clippers, which I don’t know, would they do a sign and trade to send Harrell back?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I could see Westbrook having a big fall from grace. The final years of his NBA career might end up like Starbury.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I could see Westbrook having a big fall from grace. The final years of his NBA career might end up like Starbury.
I know what you mean but in my head I’m thinking of Russ getting a head tattoo and eating vaseline on the internet...

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Rumblings that Victor Oladipo wanted out and was openly asking other team's players in front of his teammates last year.