Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Offseason 2020: Things Are Boylen Over

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Never got around to posting it but the Bogdanovic trade is off because apparently no one bothered to see if Bogdanovic (a RFA) actually wanted to sign with the Bucks before making the deal up. He is going to test the market instead

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
More deals:

Goran Dragic and Meyers Leonard re-signing with Miami
Real Madrid PG Facundo Campazzo to Denver
Drew Eubanks re-signing with San Antonio
Mason Plumlee, Jahlil Okafor and Josh Jackson to Detroit
Dwayne Bacon to Orlando
Patrick Patterson re-signing with Clippers
DeAaron Fox signs a 5 yr/$160 million extension with Sacramento
Jazz re-sign Jordan Clarkson and sign Derrick Favors
Rodney Hood re-signing with Portland
Anthony Gill, undrafted out of Virginia in 2016 and since played overseas, signing with Washington
Trey Burke re-signing with Dallas

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That Plumlee deal makes me think about why bad franchises or treadmill franchises stay on it. Why tie up that money for two more years when there is basically no chance that he will be a part of the next good Pistons team? And at that position they could probably sign a player similar to him on a deal for less annual value and years.

Great job by the Lakers to get Harrell on a one year deal with a tepid market. Not sure the big money will ever truly be there for him, but the one year deal gets him on the FA market again with more teams with money.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Clarkson's deal was 4/$52 million and Favors was 3/$30. They both may have benefited from a billionaire just buying the team. And trust me in 2015 I never thought I'd want Clarkson in a Jazz uniform, but he was awesome for them. I don't love the length on either, but hope maybe there is a buyout on the last year for both.

Staff member
Reaction score
If Trez stays with the Lakers for two seasons, he would be eligible for a raise up to about 16-17 million bucks. Wouldn't surprise me if things went down that way. We also have Schroder's bird rights. I'm not sure exactly how things are going to go, but it wouldn't be too surprising if the Lakers liked what they saw this year and locked themselves into their squad going forward.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Joe Harris with that sweet right place, right time 4 year/$75 million contract. There's your big contract in a mega star to Brooklyn deal in the middle of the year or next off-season.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pistons GM Troy Weaver:

tenor.gif

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Rodney Hood and James Ennis Jr. have declined their player options while Jabari Parker and Andre Drummond picked theirs up.

Rockets also picked up the 16th Pick & a future 1st Round pick in the Ariza/Covington deal.

Ariza and the pick were moved to Detroit in exchange for Christian Wood and a protected first-rounder. Ariza was then traded yet again to OKC in a three-way deal which I'm still reading up on. So he's basically 2020 Quentin Richardson

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
The trade:

Ariza, Justin Jackson and an undisclosed draft pick to OKC

James Johnson to Dallas

Delon Wright to Detroit

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Fred VanVleet resigns with Toronto 4/85 (!)

Malik Beasley resigns with Minnesota 4/60 (!!)

Davis Bertans resigns with Washington 5/80 (!!!)

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kris Dunn to Atlanta

I think he's a better fit there than on The Bulls and he might be really good with them since he can just focus purely on defense since they already have plenty of scoring.