NBA Offseason 2020: Things Are Boylen Over

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Jae Crowder to the Suns

Staff member
Reaction score
Danny Ainge is an idiot. I done lost count of how many opportunities to get and/or keep players that this guy has wasted. They had all those picks to trade for years and did nothing with them.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bulls fans are weirdly starting to turn on the new front office because they are being patient and aren't either trading everyone or signing some guy to a crazy deal. I think the fans are underestimating how far back they are right now and with a lot of the players value being so low, it's hard to make a big trade. The Jim Boylen coaching era and the last few years of GarPax set them so far back that outside of LaVine no one knows if anyone is even worth a shit.

They are probably like 3 years away from being meaningful so I like signing someone like Temple who is the VP of the Player's Association and extremely well liked around the league. He had a fairly decent year last year and seems like a good choice for a bench veteran to provide some locker room stability. I always thought this was going to be a year that no major moves are made while they see which of these young guys are good. I still think they have a good crop of assets and giving them another year to build up their value is the right decision imo.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Rondo to the Hawks

Millsap staying in Denver

Elfrid Payton staying with the Knicks

Melo staying with the Blazers

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Knicks signed Elf Payton to a 1 Year $5 Mill deal. Rajon Rondo's landing with Atlanta for 2 Years $15 Million.

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a pretty good deal. Guy makes an immediate impact on the boards when he comes in the game and the Celtics needed someone who could do that.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Brad Wanamaker signs with Golden State. I don’t like that but he should get plenty of playing time as Steph’s backup.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Some friends asked me if I liked the Thompson pickup. He serves the need the Celtics have, just with a little less drive and a little more Kardashian than the guys I had in mind. Solid pickup.

I guess Boston also just picked up Jeff Teague too.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Some friends asked me if I liked the Thompson pickup. He serves the need the Celtics have, just with a little less drive and a little more Kardashian than the guys I had in mind. Solid pickup.

I guess Boston also just picked up Jeff Teague too.
Jeff Teague is another solid signing for the bench.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Lakers had another pickup that has been overlooked. Signing an Exhibit 10 contract - Tres Tinkle!

Last edited:

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Well if someone had to give Jeremi Grant $20m a season it only makes sense to be Detroit... goddammit.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm very intrigued about the Hayward signing because he's been an important part of my basketball life from 2008-2017 (Butler v. Wright State feud was a real thing)!

Overpay by the Hornets for sure, Year 4 will be ugly and possibly Year 3 as well, that said kudos to him and his agent for finding the money and they are closer to getting to the playoffs then they were without him.

I was also pretty surprised to see his stat line in 52 games last year. (17.5ppg, 6.7 reb, 4.1 ast; 55%/38%/86% shooting splits)

I think at the minimum Charlotte becomes a fun treadmill team and looks like they can get to the 7 or 8 spot in the East versus winning enough games to pick 9-13 every year. Not sure which is better to be honest?!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not sure I buy GSW being a contending team tbh (although their signings are solid if unspectacular). We'll see what good that did me last year!

I highly doubt they'll be anywhere near as bad as last year but I think best case scenario is fun, plucky 6-8 seed. So basically reverting back to what they were in 2013 (complete with Kent Bazemore being there!)

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Yeah the Warriors are not a contending team with Klay going down again. Even with him I'm not really sure they could have taken out the Lakers

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm not sure if the Warriors would even get to the Conference Finals if Klay was healthy. Rest of Western Conference has gotten so much better and Warriors depth has gotten so much worse since 2018.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
- Milwaukee has signed Torrey Craig and Bryn Forbes (2 Year deal)
- Portland signed Harry Giles to a 1 year deal
- Golden State signed Brad Wanamaker to a 1 year deal worth $2.25 Mill

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Willie Cayley-Stein signs with the Dallas Mavericks.

Willy Hernangomez signs with New Orleans Pelicans.

Big day for Wills.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
This one seemed to fly under the radar but Corey Brewer retired and was hired as player development coach for the Pelicans.