Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Offseason Thread 2021

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
going through the thread and some other stuff it seems like its pretty plausible he did it unless I am missing some critical info. Things were even more weighted against the victim in the 90s than they are now too.

Whether a plausible accusation from over 22 years ago is enough to dq someone is something for each person to decide but it would definitely make me uncomfortable at the least.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like the fact it’s hyperwoke Portland hiring him increases the chance that he might lose the job before he even starts it but IDK. I am still inclined to think this new(old) revelation won’t change that much.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i dont know if phil is a racist but i know he made some dumb comments about lebron and his "posse" that didn't go over well a few years ago. From what I've read about Phil he seems to be a pretty abrasive person if he doesnt have a use for you.

Staff member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but Pip sounds mentally unstable. Saying that play was decided based on racism is flat out insane.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think Pip, to some extent, was absolutely right to feel slighted over Phil drawing the play for Kukoc at the time but to hold a massive grudge over it 27 years (and three NBA Championships) later? It seems...very off. Let's not forget Scottie recently lost his son so he's probably dealing with a lot of trauma and stress.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Penny decided to stay at Memphis.

Kevon Looney opts in to the final year of his deal with the Warriors

Reaction score
If he’s healthy, great trade for both teams. That contract is gross but he would provide what they need in the backcourt.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
They have had WNBA rosters in the game for a while now, so it’s about time they finally get a cover athlete. They need better promotion to gain popularity and stuff like this helps.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
New coaching hires:

Orlando - Jamaal Mosley (Mavs assistant)
New Orleans - Willie Green (Suns assistant and 12-year vet with 5 teams, including a year in New Orleans)
Washington - Wes Unseld Jr. (Denver assistant and, obviously, son of former Bullets player and coach Wes Unseld)

Nate McMillan coached the Pacers prior to becoming an assistant under Lloyd Pierce in Atlanta. Pierce was fired this season and McMillan became interim and eventually permanent head coach. Today, Lloyd Pierce was hired as an assistant coach by the Pacers.

Staff member
Reaction score

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score

I would do this in a heartbeat tbh. We didn't have any third option the last two years who could go out there and get a bucket.
Man he can finally get that ring.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
According to The Athletic, Cleveland isn't just looking to unload Kevin Love (what's new? react) and Colin Sexton but potentially the #3 pick as well.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Bleacher Report reporting a rumor that Bradley Beal is demanding a trade from the Wizards before the draft next week. They list rumored destinations as Boston, Miami, Philadelphia, Toronto, and Golden State