Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Offseason Thread 2021

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Shams reporting Enes Kanter is back in Boston on a one year deal, saying he wants to compete for an Eastern Conference title.

Um, does the NBA's biggest WWE fan know something we don't? I mean I hope he's right and all but..

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Victor Oladipo resigns with Miami---who I honestly totally had forgotten he had been traded to. I suppose he only played 4 games with them so easy to forget.

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently the Lakers, Nets, Pacers, and Celtics want to turn the Westbrook and Dinwiddie trades into a mega deal where everyone gets what they want. This should be fun. Sacramento needs to get up in there and give us Hield.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
wow! Didn’t expect this. I think I’m ok with it because it would’ve been more next year.

It was mentioned in the article that he could have waited until next season and gotten the max, but took less giving them more room next offseason to keep adding talent. Very team friendly contract.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Clippers re-signing Kawhi and Reggie Jackson and adding Justise Winslow

KD extends with the Nets for 4 years/198 million

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Chris Paul decided not to seek another term as President of the Players' Union and CJ McCollum was elected in his place.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh man, I wish @Baby Shoes was around to speculate which early '00s NBA players were gay with me.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Here's a story that was recently unearthed (at least to my knowledge) that I'm surprised hasn't been brought up yet:

In the summer of 2019, Russell Westbrook reported called up Kawhi, fresh off his Toronto championship and a free agent, suggesting they team up in LA. Kawhi, after taking this call, proceeded to call Paul George and spill the beans, and also said that he'd rather play with him than Westbrook. PG then asked for a trade and the rest is...history?