Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Playoffs 2021

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Regardless of how it happened, his Game 6 was one of the most dominant in a finals ever. It’s up there with the Jordan game six in 98, and some stats say it’s better (I wouldn’t go that far, defensive context). Still though, that alone means he deserves as much credit as any NBA player would, regardless of circumstances.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Oh, no arguments here: that was the most impressive performance in a closeout game I've ever seen. The only one I would put up there with that is Tim Duncan's near quadruple-double, to close out the Nets, in '03.

Reaction score
I don't know if I think saying I'm going to have a meltdown is fair but, yeah, if you think I still root for the Kings, you need to update your spreadsheet.

What makes it a better story? I love to see great players achieve greatness, so I think that it's a great story, on its own merit. But what makes it a better story, other than you appear to have bought into the fairy tale that there's an inherent nobility in "staying put," that provides extra credit to a title win?

Also, shout out to you for the use of that rhetorical checkmate. Well played.
Yep, bought into the fairy tale.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Previously, Michael Jordan was the only player to be MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, All-Star Game MVP, Finals MVP and NBA champion over the course of his career. Giannis has won them all in the past two seasons.