Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Playoffs: Conference Finals

Czech

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess The Next Michael Jordan will have to wait another year to start on his six+ world championships. That's okay, it's not like he's running out of time or anything.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
OK, I'll be the one to ask. What if the Cavs had gone through with that trade for Shaq (for Wallace and Szczerbiak/Pavlovic)?

N

naiwf

Shaq would be on his way to a 5th ring and would get to personally ask Kobe how his ass tasted later this month.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If the Cavs made the Finals with Shaq the hype machine for these finals would be in nuclear mode. "It's Kobe vs. Shaq and Lebron! SHAQ! KOBE! LEBRON!" They'd be going nuts with the different storylines.

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
I don't think a 38 going on 39 year old Shaq is going to get the Cavs closer to a championship.

N

naiwf

He averaged about 18 & 8 this season and played in 75 games for the 5th time in his career (first time since '99-'00). He probably won't be that good or that healthy next year, but if they had picked him up for the stretch run I'm almost positive they'd still be playing because you can't double LeBron AND Shaq on every play. The pieces they would have given up didn't do anything in the postseason anyway.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Cleveland got killed in this series because they had no perimeter defense as LBJ was always having to help out in the post since Ben Wallace sucks. Whether they beat Orlando or not depends on how well Shaq can contain D-How to the point of allowing Lebron to help guard the perimeter.