Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Preseason 2020-21

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Gordon Hayward is already out hurt.

He fractured his finger. Sounds like he may only miss one preseason game but not a good start based on his recent history.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score

I feel like the last few years of the Spurs should cement Tim Duncan as the greatest PF in NBA history, and one of the best players ever. People used to try and diminish his greatness by saying, "He had Pop." Well, you know who else had Pop? LaMarcus Aldridge.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tim Duncan's Bball IQ and awareness of what he is good at was so terrific, he probably would've ended up a great player even if he had Jim Boylen coaching him for ten years. He's definitely a top ten player imo and it's still crazy to me how good he was in the 15/16 season in the twilight of his career.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Timmy is probably greatest Power Forward of all time and definitely Top 10 players all time. Is there anyone else that stayed with the same franchise for 17 years and kept them championship contenders (at least in the general discussion, if not one of the Top 2 or 3 teams) the entire time? Just steady, unwavering quiet excellence.

I'd like to laugh in the face (in non Corona times) of anyone who said five years ago that LaMarcus Aldridge was going to continue the Spurs Dynasty. He ended about as much of a successor to Timmy as Lindsay Hunter was to Isiah Thomas.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jerry Buss is rolling over in his grave...with laughter.

I feel like Clippers will be lucky to even get booted in the second round again. Being associated with Donald Sterling for so long cursed them forever.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Pop's vision has to be great for the Spurs to stay contenders as long as they did, but he had to have Duncan, the ego-less superstar who completely bought into it, to will it into existence. Stick any other superstar in his spot and it doesn't work, regardless of the numbers they might put up.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Looks like seven teams are letting reduced amount of fans into games so far: Cavaliers, Rockets, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Magic, Raptors (in Tampa) and Jazz

Staff member
Reaction score
I will definitely be going to a game somewhere this season after getting vaccinated. Just have to plan it out right. I think New Orleans would be ideal.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I think other teams plan to open up later this year, when the vaccine is more common. These are just the places going right now.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been trying to hold out hope for the new Bulls regime, but they are making some really stupid under the radar move. Resigning Denzel Valentine, who is currently injured for the 58th time, is one stupid move. The most recent stupid move is cutting Simi Shittu, who was actually playing fairly well in the preseason, and keeping Cris Felicio and Luke Kornet. Felicio makes some sense to keep because teams will trade for an expiring contract. Luke Kornet is absolutely useless and not making much to begin with so I have no idea why they didn't cut him. I mean the hope for him is to be someone like Frank Kaminsky or Mike Muscala, but why keep him when that's not that great to begin with.

That said The Bulls were pretty entertaining throughout preseason, but I really hate how the roster is constructed after the top 6 or 7 guys. Most of these guys like Denzel, Kornet, Ryan Arciadiacono, Felicio, etc should've been cut/traded and replaced with undrafted or unknown young guys.

Last edited:

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
It's the preseason, so I'm not getting too pumped, but the Knicks being 3-1 with +10.2 point differential (scoring 100/game while giving up 89.8/game) is a nice sight. I think they can either sneak in as a 7/8 seed, or end up as the 12 best team in the East.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Also, this Giannis deal shows that if a front office is competent and makes a legitimate effort to win a title, it doesn't matter what market the player is in. They will stay because at the end of the day, what matters most to about 90% of the league is winning.
except Kawhi, but look how that turned out.

I actually think the Raptors are better off without him because it helps them build a better team for the future and even if he stayed, they aren't winning a title with the Lakers around.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Frank the Tank actually started off well with the Suns last year but then was hurt for most of the year. I was assuming he’d be on the end of their bench until they loaded up. If he’s getting cut by the Kings, I assume he must be going overseas.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Duncan is trending on Twitter now because I guess some people said Anthony Davis is better than him. Thankfully about 99% of the feedback has been pro-Timmy

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I mean there's still possibly another ten years of AD so it's really silly to have this talk right now.