Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Regular Season Dec 2020/Jan 2021: The Season Almost Literally Never Stops

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Celtics-Heat almost walked off court and didn't play out of protest over the MAGA Chuds being able to storm the Capitol Building. Celtics did win though on a game winning tip in from "Brother Love" Payton Pritchard so it looks like yesterday was a PRETTY GOOD DAY after all.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Knicks are doing what I wanted them to do and are bringing back Taj Gibson so I got my ex Thibs Bulls player to root for. But, for real he's a constant steady defensive presence and great locker room vet so it's a good move. I figured he would be brought back after he was cut earlier. Thibs and Taj have always been inseparable to me since this

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Celtics-Heat almost walked off court and didn't play out of protest over the MAGA Chuds being able to storm the Capitol Building. Celtics did win though on a game winning tip in from "Brother Love" Payton Pritchard so it looks like yesterday was a PRETTY GOOD DAY after all.
Payton's on pace to become the first good white player for the Celtics since----Dino Radja maybe? Raef LaFrentz and Wally Szczerbiak were good at some point in their careers but were washed by the time they played for Boston. In any case, at this rate, I expect them to put up a statue of him in Quincy Market by the time of the TSM Summit in Boston in 2026, @Baby Shoes .

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Kendrick Perkins is loving him and calling him P-Rabbit in reference to 8 Mile but in my heart is is a Beatrix Potter ref.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Knicks are doing what I wanted them to do and are bringing back Taj Gibson so I got my ex Thibs Bulls player to root for. But, for real he's a constant steady defensive presence and great locker room vet so it's a good move. I figured he would be brought back after he was cut earlier. Thibs and Taj have always been inseparable to me since this

I like this move. He's going to be a good body off the bench. And he knows Thibs' system already, which is a plus.

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that people are surprised by these Randle numbers, by the way. The guy is a great player who never got to play for a good coach and the free agent market is completely dead. They gotta lock him down after next season.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I'm surprised that people are surprised by these Randle numbers, by the way. The guy is a great player who never got to play for a good coach and the free agent market is completely dead. They gotta lock him down after next season.
I had this conversation with my IRL Knicks fan friend. He didn’t realize Randle was good when I felt Randle basically unfairly fell off the radar when he got hurt his rookie year and always has had flashes.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving is out tonight citing personal reasons. Steve Nash said all he knows is a personal situation but Kyrie has not responded to his messages. Since Kyrie was very vocal about not doing the bubble with all the stuff this summer, I’m assuming he is sitting out in regards to current events.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well, fellas, it looks like me predicting Timberwolves to be a sleeper team is this season’s me thinking the Warriors wouldn’t have that much of a drop off after losing KD.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Well, fellas, it looks like me predicting Timberwolves to be a sleeper team is this season’s me thinking the Warriors wouldn’t have that much of a drop off after losing KD.
Towns was having a good year until he got hurt. Much like the Warriors truly collapsed with injuries too. Can’t predict injuries. Or shouldn’t, I guess.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Pelicans-Hornets tonight for anyone looking for some Ball on Ball action.

Actually, between the brothers and the equipment, there will surely be Balls everywhere.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Robert Williams tested positive for Covid, Grant Williams and Tristan Thompson also out due to tracing protocol. Tacko Fall about to get that run tonight

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Robert Williams tested positive for Covid, Grant Williams and Tristan Thompson also out due to tracing protocol. Tacko Fall about to get that run tonight
The first report I read indicated Carsten Edwards would be out as well.

Seth Curry tested positive which I heard has resulted in the entire Sixers team needing to quarantine.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Have the pregame for Suns-Pacers on and interesting factoid.

The home of the Pacers, the Bankers Life Fieldhouse, is the only NBA arena where Devin Booker has not had at least 30 points. Not sure what voodoo you are doing, @Alfdogg ...

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Jayson Tatum has tested positive for COVID-19. Between the COVID on the team and general injuries, the Celtics have 9 people listed as injured ahead of their game Sunday, so they may not have enough to play.

Bradley Beal will miss tonight’s game against the Heat due to contract tracing protocols since he apparently hung out with Tatum.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mavericks-Pelicans postponed tonight due to lack of eligible players. After suspended games two days in a row, I REALLY hope Adam Silver considers pausing this season. It just doesn't seem possible to be done safely.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Celtics-Bulls is postponed Tuesday as well

Supposedly the NBA have been planning for interruptions in January and have no plans to pause the season

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

I think this is a dumb equivalency/ take. MLB can easily expand the rosters because they all have minor leaguers that are already on their payroll in some capacity. Expanding the rosters of an NBA team over four players above the max is adding new contracts. A lot of the G-League deals have nothing to do with rights belonging to a team. Jeremy Lin is on the Warriors G-League affiliate but any team can sign and call him up so it’s absolutely a rights/contracts issue in my eyes.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting that they should put the season on hold for a long time but for a couple weeks while this worst phase of the virus hopefully passes. I know they won't cause they still want to send players to the Olympics but frig the Olympics. They should let college kids and scrubs play for Team USA. I'm not sure what the hell Team USA look like anyway with the weird offseason schedules past 18 months.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting that they should put the season on hold for a long time but for a couple weeks while this worst phase of the virus hopefully passes. I know they won't cause they still want to send players to the Olympics but frig the Olympics. They should let college kids and scrubs play for Team USA. I'm not sure what the hell Team USA look like anyway with the weird offseason schedules past 18 months.
I agree with you but then again, the only format I really felt was safe right now was the bubble.

While I had read they have no plans to hold, I did see an impromptu Board of Governors meeting scheduled for tomorrow, I think.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh Kyrie. You almost feel bad for KD for jumping to Brooklyn to play with this god damn idiot. But he also chose to play with this god damn idiot so Idk.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh Kyrie. You almost feel bad for KD for jumping to Brooklyn to play with this god damn idiot. But he also chose to play with this god damn idiot so Idk.
I don't feel bad for a guy who left Steph Curry to go play with this nutjob.