Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Regular Season Dec 2020/Jan 2021: The Season Almost Literally Never Stops

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If anyone is dumb enough to do that, it should be them. Watch the Rockets be better than the Nets this season LOL.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Jarrett Allen to Cavs? That’s seems like the worst landing spot for him given they likely aren’t moving Love and Drummond.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I like some of the players in the trade but I don’t know if any team gets better from it, other than the Harden headache being out in Houston.

LeVert will probably get to shine with more focus in Houston but I don’t see this changing the standings for any of these teams.

I guess Harden helps Nets with the Kyrie drama but I can’t see Kyrie and Harden coexisting, not even counting getting Durant involved.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
@909 broke the Indiana trade as I was posting. That’s the team that gets better. Swapping out Oladipo for LeVert feels like an upgrade to me.

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the Nets have made the calculation that Kyrie might retire...and you know that would also probably be the right calculation considering he doesn't even come to the arena anymore.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jarrett Allen to Cavs? That’s seems like the worst landing spot for him given they likely aren’t moving Love and Drummond.
Yeah. Cleveland trading a first rounder for a guy who'll be backup to the backup center is...a very Cleveland move.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah. Cleveland trading a first rounder for a guy who'll be backup to the backup center is...a very Cleveland move.
I think Allen was way underutilized in Brooklyn and now looks to backup Drummond. But I was mistaken and thought Drummond did take an extension with Cavs, it looks like he didn’t so maybe they move him. Allen could be a good mix with the Sexton/Garland tandem they seem to be building around.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Not sure who this helps at all. I knew players had to be traded, but at the same time, this... Doesn't really improve anyone.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I'll miss Vic but I absolutely love this for the Pacers. Vic will be a UFA at the end of the season and was being usurped by Sabonis and Brogdon as the focal point of the team. He probably walks if this doesn't go down. And to get a prospect like Levert on top of it is the icing on the cake.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not sure who this helps at all. I knew players had to be traded, but at the same time, this... Doesn't really improve anyone.
Houston. It helps them finally move on and either flame out or rebuild properly.

Now if we can get rid of Tilman..

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll miss Vic but I absolutely love this for the Pacers. Vic will be a UFA at the end of the season and was being usurped by Sabonis and Brogdon as the focal point of the team. He probably walks if this doesn't go down. And to get a prospect like Levert on top of it is the icing on the cake.

Levert is also under contract for two years after this one, no player option and he's from the Midwest which may have pertinence when his contract is up. Not sure you could possibly conceive of a better realistic trade for the Pacers.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Didn't realize Oladipo's contract was up. My bad.

And yeah, I realize this was probably as good as it could get for Houston, just feel like it could've been better.

Krankor

Krankor
Reaction score
Good move for Houston. They needed to just bottom out at this point. Oladipo gives them another asset they can try trading away.

I'm more happy for Indy getting LeVert. It's hard for the Pacers to attract big time free agents and LeVert really can flourish there.

As for Brooklyn, good luck. I don't see it working.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Houston also doesn't have to convey their 2021 1st to OKC if it's in the Top 4. I don't think they will bottom out that low, but with the flatter structure of lottery odds now they may have a shot to get there.

I actually like the moves for Indiana and Cleveland. Sometimes its good to be those teams as the 3rd and 4th part of the trade. I could see Cleveland trading Drummond this year or maybe even Larry Nance, Jr. (who is having a great year). Plus they get another guy under 23 who has some upside.

I'm a little curious to see how LaVert will fit, but its great chance to take and I think it makes Indiana just as good now and better in the long term.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
ive been doubting on harden for a few years now and glad to see people turning hard on him.