Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Regular Season Dec 2020/Jan 2021: The Season Almost Literally Never Stops

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Celtics pregame had a little segment asking players what they did to cope/ kill time when in the bubble. Jeff Teague quickly shoots up the favorite Celtics list of @King Kamala as he said he watched a lot of WWE wrestling. He even said “I know you had Kanter last year and he always talked about it but I am a much bigger fan than he is”.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Cavaliers are expected to trade or simply waiver Kevin Porter Jr. at any time now. After getting in trouble with a gun in the offseason, the team suspended him. They apparently let him back with the team for the first time in months end of last week and it sounds when he got their on Friday, they had given his locker to Tauren Prince from the recent trade and he flipped out in the locker room. All this stuff, I cannot see him being considered talented enough for anyone to take on the baggage.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Have the Knicks-Magic on this morning. The City edition jerseys where teams wear colors not typically worn by their team throws me off enough but it is even worse when the non-traditional colors match the other team. The Magic in their white and orange uniforms are wearing jerseys that look more like Knicks jerseys from afar then the Knicks City jerseys this year which are mostly blue and black like most magic uniforms, which include a little bit of orange which Orlando has used the past two years for FLORIDA PRIDE or whatever.

Reaction score
Have the Knicks-Magic on this morning. The City edition jerseys where teams wear colors not typically worn by their team throws me off enough but it is even worse when the non-traditional colors match the other team. The Magic in their white and orange uniforms are wearing jerseys that look more like Knicks jerseys from afar then the Knicks City jerseys this year which are mostly blue and black like most magic uniforms, which include a little bit of orange which Orlando has used the past two years for FLORIDA PRIDE or whatever.

I was confused in the beginning as well

Knicks pull out the win. Randle and RJ play 40 mins in the second game of a back to back. Classic Thibs. And I’m exhausted just watching. Gritty victory.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I was confused in the beginning as well

Knicks pull out the win. Randle and RJ play 40 mins in the second game of a back to back. Classic Thibs. And I’m exhausted just watching. Gritty victory.

Luckily they played fewer minutes yesterday due to blowing out the Celtics.

I'm not sure if they are still doing an All-Star game this year, but if they are Randle deserves to be on it. He's playing out of his mind.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Knicks sweep the Celtics and Magic in a back to back. First time they've won both ends of a back to back since 2017(!!!).

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
Classic Thibs. And I’m exhausted just watching.

BlushingPerkyBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Len was just ruled out due to COVID protocols the other day so I’m guessing with how low he was in the pecking order, they felt it was better to drop him than hold up a roster spot for him.

Bet you will love him on the Celtics soon though, @King Kamala

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I really hate this trend of grumpy old '80s/'90s NBA All Stars grousing about the damn kids these days and how easy they have it. My eyes just glaze over at these types of stories. If you're an '80s/'90s NBA All Star bitching about the NBA players these days and your name isn't Charles Barkley then I don't friggin care! And even Chuck's bitching just barely gets me past threshold of caring.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Kevin Porter Jr. has been traded to the Rockets. Cleveland is getting a super protected 2nd round pick that some analysts are speculating that they will never receive. When I say super protected, it is Top 55 protected. So not very likely but Cleveland wanted to be done with him pretty badly.

Staff member
Reaction score
What's interesting is that the pick becomes more likely to convey if the NBA does eventually expand to 32 teams.

They will to raise money. Vegas and Seattle are going to get a team, I would guarantee it. Then they can send two of Minnesota, Memphis, and New Orleans to the East and cut down on some of the excessive travel they got going on.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
He's been Richard Holliday (the junior varsity MJF and former tag team partner of actual MJF before he left to go to AEW full time)'s personal ref ever since MLW returned a few months back. I posted about it when they announced but tbh no one really cares about MLW.