Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NCAA Football '10

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So, yeah, it just came out and all. Don't tell me I'm the only one that got it. This is my favorite sports series ans has been for many years, despite some off years. This one seems to be great so far. It's too bad I can't play it online, but after how hooked I got on PS2 online play in 04, maybe that's a good thing...

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've gotten it every year for the past 6 years or so, but I'll probably take a break this year. I'm tired of spending $65 on the same game with a tweak or two. Create a school coming back is nice, since I could make my old D3 school a national power once again, but it's not enough for me.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
This will probably be the final time I purchase NCAA 10. While its cool that I can create a school just the way I want it and stuff, the gameplay hasn't changed and that makes me cry.

Though I do like that I could download the Appalachian State roster. That was kinda cool.

And someone better update the NCAA rosters EA just dropped on us, so that Tim Tebow is fucking Tim Tebow.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
It's on my gamefly list. I noticed on X-box live you can buy a bunch of upgrades in the game. Basically pay so you don't have to manually unlock the stuff. Yes why include cheat codes when you can try and milk more money out of your suckers...err customers.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Actually, the extras are just that. Extras.

Buy the extra line pipe state so you can get your guys from another state: Though EA fails to mention that the moment you get a person from a state, that state becomes a pipeline.

Find out about recruits who want to be on your team: Though if you actually take the time to use the search menu properly, you can find out all about them.

Basically the buys are for the lazy people.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been playing HP..for some reason the first half its a close ballgame and in the end..I wind up winning big.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
I don't like the fact that the Xbox 360 game you ALWAYS need to be connected to the internet to use your created teams. Drives me insane that I need to keep it hooked up.

Though with my created team, I'm happy that I'm 3-1. Only loss came to LSU in which I had stupidily was up 21-6 after the first half, but lost 33-30 in stunning fashion. My biggest win so far has come against Texas Tech in which I won on a 3 seconds to go field goal.

Agent_Bond34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been having fun with the game lately, but the one thing that'll really become irritating is where the ball pops up after the QB is hit as he throws the ball.

That is going to cause a lot of INTs.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This game has gotten too easy. I play it on Heisman and still run away with it. Maybe I need to play with the sliders.

Did they bring back the 1-AA schools yet? It still sucks they haven't been in the past few years.

And I don't hook my X-Box up to X-Box live so I'm wondering if I should just stick to NCAA 09?

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Agent_Bond34 said:
I've been having fun with the game lately, but the one thing that'll really become irritating is where the ball pops up after the QB is hit as he throws the ball.

That is going to cause a lot of INTs.

Not unless you get some DBs. They go pretty damn shallow, and unless your LBs are TEs that just play LB, you ain't getting those INTs.

FCS (1-AA) schools aren't in, but you can download them from TeamBuilder.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Wow EA. Simply WOW. You come up with this great idea for teambuilder and the idea is so fucking broken. I mean seriously, I need to be connected EVERY time to load the proper logo and confirm its there, then on top of that, it breaks every night when I'm tweaking my created team. Smashing job everyone!

Edit: HQ pointed me to some sliders that work.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
baumy300 of Operation Sports website fixed these up.

Time - 7 minutes

Difficulty - All American

Penalties - All are maxed out

HUMAN OFFENSE

25*
30*

HUMAN DEFENSE

HUMAN SPECIAL TEAMS

CPU OFFENSE

25*

CPU DEFENSE

CPU SPECIAL TEAMS

* these numbers you can move up a little if there are some problems.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So is this better than NCAA 09 or not? I'm tired of buying basically the same game every year.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Oh, there's no doubt it is better than last years. Use the sliders that I posted and the games resemble college games.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Yeah, so I don't understand this. I downloaded the Appalachian State roster and it lets me not need to be hooked up to Teambuilder to use it without having the logo be certified by EA.

Yet, my created team of Alberta Blacklightning, needs some certification EVERY damn time. I don't think that's highly fair.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Why am I bumping this thread? Because EA released a patch for NCAA 10 that corrects all the mistakes that were occuring and its been a night and day game since the patch.

Also sliders work much differently now, but I'll take since this now feels like a real football game. I'd would actually highly recommend this game now.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Smues said:
What exactly did the patch fix?

Basically the patch fixed the lack of pass rush, created a better pass protection and coverage, made special teams work more like special teams, players who have high route running but low speed and high acceleration can run a great route, and other things.

Obi Chris Kenobi said:
I think EA actually patched Kag!

Yes, yes they did. What else can would they do?

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow is teambuilder annoying. Besides having to be online for it, you have to pay to use it if you didn't buy the game new? What the fuck is that? I bought it new, but I was quite surprised to discover i had to enter a code from the back of my instruction manual to get 12 slots for teams. So if you buy it used, or want more than 12 slots, you have to pay $10? That's really cheap on EA's part. Especially given all the problems Teambuilder mode has.

I wouldn't care one way or the other if they included the I-AA teams in the normal game like they used to.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So my mother in law got me this for my birthday.

I like it, but I don't like how the camera does odd things when you're rolling out. I preferred the stationary camera from the previous ones.

And I really wish they'd bring custom playbooks back. I started a dynasty with GA Tech and I like the flexbone, but I don't want every play scheme I have to be the flexbone! I liked it better when I could come up with a custom one so I'd have a few flexbones in there, some shotgun, etc.
I like the idea of running the option and having multiple people rack up rushing yards, but damn I need some shotgun passes too.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been playing a lot more. I do enjoy this version. I think it is harder than previous versions. I can't be this insane record breaker on offense in Heisman mode like I could before. Running the ball also seems to be harder in this version.

Urban Warfare

Urban Warfare
Reaction score
God damn this game sometimes. When I throw the ball into the slightest of coverage, its almost a guaranteed interception. When the computer throws into triple coverage against me, none of my guys can seem to ever make the play. For the love of fuck already EA: I'm not asking you to reinvent the fucking wheel, just make the game at least somewhat fair. (Yes, I realize I can edit the sliders, but still.)