Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

News That Doesn't Warrant a Thread 2024

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I love how this dude is such a tone-deaf piece of shit, that he actually thought that saying he fired his employee for having premarital sex was a defense against being accused of firing her for for being pregnant.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

even with their foundation being in large part a tax thing this is a huge story because they still end up doing a lot of good work and putting a ton of money out there every year. They're saying their charity won't be effected but we'll see. It's sad so much relies on billionaires donating their wealth but that's where we are lol.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Don Lemon has left CNN Tonight. He's still staying with the network in some capacity but for the time being, wonder where Maff Chat is going to get their news from now.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a crazy tweet but I don't agree with the mayor's stance about refusing one on one interview's with white reporters. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-lightfoot-journalists-interviews/5192857001/ It's being condemned by a lot of minority reporters and politicians as well. I understand wanting to try and get more minority reporters but anytime a politician tries to determine who can report on them like that (and in such a heavy handed way) is a dangerous precedent. There are also (as said in the article) minority reporters saying they can't get access anyway.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

An 'invisible sculpture' consisting of absolutely nothing whatsoever has sold for a ridiculous price at auction.
Modern art can sometimes be a contentious subject, with everything from piles of rubbish to mundane objects selling for whopping great sums simply because such pieces have been defined as 'art'.

Sardinia-born artist Salvatore Garau however has now taken things one step further - perhaps as far as it is possible to go - by presenting and selling an 'invisible sculpture' at auction.

Entitled "I Am", the piece, which fills an area of totally empty space measuring 150x150cm, is literally nothing at all, with the only physical component being the owner's certificate of authenticity.

And the price for this piece of absolutely nothing whatsoever ? $18,300.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Confirmed!

Ev2Jzq4XAAE8COp

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What a strange, strange political career. He unfortunately kind of flirted with the galaxy brained left/libertarians during his political comeback in the '00s/early 2010s but I think him reading the Pentagon Papers in the '70s will be remembered more than that. What will be remembered most though is the weird early viral videos in '08.