Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL stud and Horsemen Mongo McMichael announces he has ALS

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ALS is up there with illnesses I wish science could hurry up and stop/cure. Mongo's ALS could probably be worsened by the hits he took in both the NFL and the WCW. Living in the New Orleans area, we have a local sports hero that has ALS, Steve Gleason, and had he not been diagnosed, I'd know very little about it outside of Gehrig and Hawking had it. I know the Gleason foundation does a lot of research but I don't know that they've made any headway on cause, prevention, or cure (though repeated blows to the head do not help).

Sad to see this about Mongo. Dude's personality was always vibrant. I remember feeling like he'd be a fun guy to be around based on what I saw of his wrestling career. I liked him well enough, a that age "work rate" didn't matter to me, I was just looking for entertainment, and he delivered.

Hoping for the best with him.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
It brings me no joy to report that in an interview Flair did with Conrad Thompsom last week Flair said Mongo was still able to lift his right arm when he announced his condition, and now he has lost even that ability. :( There are pics of the Mongo fund raiser from the last few days out there now.