Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Week 2 2021: When Does Urban Cite Health Issues?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
nfl-week-2-confidence-pool.png

Urban already bitching about how the Jaguars cannot afford to be throwing the ball 50 times a game. Raiders coming off an OT win while the Patriots and Packers are looking to right their ship against division foes. Can Jameis Winston repeat last week? Is Kyler Murray the early "Russell Wilson Gon' MVP 2020" candidate for this year? Can Josh Allen do better against an equally tough Miami defense?

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't want to say a week 2 game is a must win but yeah. If the Bills don't kick some ass here all of the old narratives plus the Allen is overpaid talk will come up. For the latter he's been pretty damn good against Miami so need to see that.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports five Saints assistant coaches have tested positive for COVID-19. All of the infected coaches are fully vaccinated.

Oof... at least they are vaccinated but situations like this are proving that every week is still going to be incredibly dicy from a coach/position room standpoint.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe if Urban would get over his inexplicable hate for James Robinson, they could run the ball more often.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Urban deuces out in mid-October when the Jaguars have their bye week. You know, the nice thing to do, give 'em some time to prepare with someone else.

Staff member
Reaction score
We're gonna get ass raped here. I fail to see how we will be able to block anything. Ngakoue will be out. Big L incoming.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
lol the NFC East is as lol as ever. These teams are both terrible.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My God this fuckng team. Just blow it up

A decade of shit

Staff member
Reaction score
That's one of the most pathetic losses. Like seriously man. WTF.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Joe Judge is another Belichick disciple that has proven to be a complete shit coach.

Blow this shit up

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Man the Giants just botched that game completely. I can at least understand Jones' TD run getting called back on the hold by the WR as it happens pretty often with a guy on the outside holding the last tackler but the Darius Slayton drop and Dexter Lawrence's special teams penalty at the end of the game were just inexcusable.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Bill's smiling cause someone is enjoying a tangent on special teams! Pats are winning big this week, @HarleyQuinn
Just his answer (of which I'll post a transcribed snippet) shows how much knowledge Belichick has in his pinky finger over most people, even other professional NFL or CFB coaches. Dude's just pulling this shit from memory out of thin air to a random question related to long snapping.

"I think long snapping, to me, changed in the mid-80s, and really the key guy in that was [Steve] DeOssie, in my opinion because Steve was the first center that really, truly allowed a spread punt formation against all-out rush. Prior to that, teams would generally pull. First of all, there wasn't that many gunners, but when teams started using gunners, they would pull one in and kick away from the free guy on the back side, and that was kind of the idea that protection was not to let the snapper block against a nine-man rush with a split player. The return team would have one guy on the gun or the split, and one guy returns, so you got nine guys rushing against essentially the punter who wasn't a blocker or the split guy who wasn't a blocker and the snapper who really wasn't a blocker, so it was nine on eight, and the idea was to block the most dangerous eight and let the ninth guy go and punt away from him, and then when the Cowboys went to spread punt and then the Cardinals followed that pretty quickly, and they kept two gunners split, and the snapper blocked a guy, then that created an eight on eight situation but put a lot of pressure on the snapper to deliver the ball 15 yards deep on the money and still block a good rusher offsetting and the A-gap."

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Za'darius Smith to the injured list with a bad back. I think we all know who to blame for this.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The fact the Giants somehow have managed to win two Super Bowls this century feels more and more ludicrous and improbable each and every passing season.
Holy shit next year will be 15 years since the un undefeated soup 41 victory.

I still remember that night on whatever version of the board existed then. People were celebrating like their own teams won

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just his answer (of which I'll post a transcribed snippet) shows how much knowledge Belichick has in his pinky finger over most people, even other professional NFL or CFB coaches. Dude's just pulling this shit from memory out of thin air to a random question related to long snapping.

"I think long snapping, to me, changed in the mid-80s, and really the key guy in that was [Steve] DeOssie, in my opinion because Steve was the first center that really, truly allowed a spread punt formation against all-out rush. Prior to that, teams would generally pull. First of all, there wasn't that many gunners, but when teams started using gunners, they would pull one in and kick away from the free guy on the back side, and that was kind of the idea that protection was not to let the snapper block against a nine-man rush with a split player. The return team would have one guy on the gun or the split, and one guy returns, so you got nine guys rushing against essentially the punter who wasn't a blocker or the split guy who wasn't a blocker and the snapper who really wasn't a blocker, so it was nine on eight, and the idea was to block the most dangerous eight and let the ninth guy go and punt away from him, and then when the Cowboys went to spread punt and then the Cardinals followed that pretty quickly, and they kept two gunners split, and the snapper blocked a guy, then that created an eight on eight situation but put a lot of pressure on the snapper to deliver the ball 15 yards deep on the money and still block a good rusher offsetting and the A-gap."

It's funny how people are giving Bill shit now for Tom leaving and winning a SB in Tampa...but no one should ever question this man being one of the greatest coaches of all time (if not, the greatest). He's a football guru.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
It's funny how people are giving Bill shit now for Tom leaving and winning a SB in Tampa...but no one should ever question this man being one of the greatest coaches of all time (if not, the greatest). He's a football guru.
I'll be the first to say I'm biased towards any Belichick-disciple when they get their HC gigs but it's always been proven (almost laughably time after time) just how good Belichick is as a HC that those guys continually struggle more often than not.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Saints playing like ass. I guess their excuse will be 8 coaches have Covid?

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought we would start 0-2 and squeak a playoff spot. Instead 2-0 with two of our four hardest games in the rear view.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Patriots D was dominant as expected, especially the secondary. Offense settled for too many FGs and need to get better on the receiving end when throwing the ball too.