Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Week 3 2021: Anybody got a QB to spare for a dying team?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Big Ben is already bitching about OC Matt Canada keeping guys off the field and not utilizing a no huddle.

Patriots have a big test at home against the Saints but the game is winnable if they can generate turnovers and score TDs instead of FGs. Vegas has a chance to set records (which 909'll fill you in on). Chargers/KC has a chance to be a fun showdown of young hyped up QBs while Arizona should steamroll Jacksonville. Cincinnati/Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay/Rams, and GB/San Francisco all have a chance to be exciting games.

week-3-nfl-schedule.png

Staff member
Reaction score
Tua is out so we should fucking whoop on them. Also no team has EVER started the season by beating three ten win teams from the previous season. Except potentially this Raiders team.

I won’t be able to watch the whole game because I’m heading to PWG but hopefully it’s over during the third quarter.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd like to hope the Bills D can keep it going against Heinicke. Worried though Allen might struggle again against another good defense.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Local Panthers fans act like trauma victims every time I tell them they're gonna fustigate the Texans. If I had it I'd put a thousand on Carolina, prepare for a bloodbath.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Antonio Brown is out for week 3 due to COVID. COVID (or contact tracing) has also knocked out NT Brandon Williams, DT Justin Madubuike, LB Justin Houston, and LB Jaylen Ferguson for Baltimore this week.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Giants will be retiring Eli Manning's jersey & doing a Ring of Honor ceremony for him at halftime.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like the Manning simulcast of MNF much more than Joe Tessitore.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Justin Tucker hits a 66 (!) yard field goal to beat the Lions. Unreal

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The last time NFL referees were caught screwing up a GB-SF game that badly it changed the NFL entirely and brought back replay review as we know it. Unfortunately for their knees and thumbs, Green Bay won the game anyway this time.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Pats got smoked by the Saints, playing poorly in all 3 phases of the game for the most part. I thought it was a game they could win going in if they forced Winston to turn the ball over but it was the exact opposite. Glad Mac had his "welcome to the NFL" game ahead of TB and Jonnu Smith gotta start catching the ball consistently. There are concerns that James White may be out for the year, leaving JJ Taylor as the most reliable 3rd Down back option in the passing game.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Jaguars traded CB C.J. Henderson to Carolina for TE Dan Arnold and a 3rd Round Pick

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pats got smoked by the Saints, playing poorly in all 3 phases of the game for the most part. I thought it was a game they could win going in if they forced Winston to turn the ball over but it was the exact opposite. Glad Mac had his "welcome to the NFL" game ahead of TB and Jonnu Smith gotta start catching the ball consistently. There are concerns that James White may be out for the year, leaving JJ Taylor as the most reliable 3rd Down back option in the passing game.
Idk if that was worst game of Belichick era (probably be that season opener when they randomly got stomped by the Drew Bledsoe era Bills in the mid '00s) but it's got to be Bottom 5.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Damn primetime Packers games, I pregamed all day then laid down at 5:30 with the intent of getting up in time but nope. I missed the whole thing and it's probably for the best since I would have been going crazy watching it.