Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Week 4 2021: Can Derrick Henry Run for 200?

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
week-4-nfl-schedule.png

We all know what the big game is from a media standpoint but there are a lot of interesting early possible playoff-deciding games: Carolina/Dallas, Cleveland/Minnesota, KC/Philadelphia, Arizona/LA Rams, Baltimore/Denver, Pittsburgh/Green Bay, and Raiders/Chargers on MNF.

I fully expect the Patriots to get stomped this week by Brady although there are gonna be a lot of chips on shoulders: Brady & Gronk proving themselves against Belichick's D, Patriots Coaching Staff to prove they can beat Brady, Patriots D to prove they can stop Brady in some measure. I am glad this game is early in the season as I'm hoping that Mac Jones can glean tips/tricks from Brady that he can incorporate in his own game (and improve his process speed in general).

My final score prediction: 34-17 Buccaneers

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I fully expect the Pats to get stomped and at least 40% of the crowd to root for the Ex-Pats and cause every NEW ENGLAND MAN over the age of 50 to have an ulcer. the dozen POC and/woke Pats won't be able to shut up about how Cam Newton shouldn't have been cut. Then the Patriots will quietly marginally improve into the 7-9 to 9-7 range competency.

45-10 Buccaneers

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Fangio confirmed that KJ Hamler tore his ACL and out for the year. Denver signed WR David Moore off the Raiders PS. Lions also waived LB Jamie Collins after not finding any trade partners.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don’t like it more than anybody but the Mac Vs Cam debate was going to be divisive and cringey no matter how it ended up.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I remembered the still very relevant Weekend did it last year and barely anyone liked it. Tbh, Xer acts are probably the way to go.

I still want a damn GNR Super Bowl Halftime show!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Jaguars initially put up a fight but then completely collapsed in the 2nd half. Urban looked shell-shocked after that loss but I'm still going in Survivor so that's all that matters!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Giants will be missing Darius Slayton & Sterling Shephard in their game while the Titans will be missing A.J. Brown & Julio Jones.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Joe Judge just punted down 11 in opposing territory with 8 minutes to go. Please get rid of this dumbass

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Playing about as well as they can yet somehow KC will run them out of the building next week.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jets win as well

Lions and Jags are only teams yet to win a game.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What a game. Don't care that the Jets won't sniff the playoffs, feels so good to see a meaningful win. First time in nearly two years, I think.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Steelers look dreadful but will inexplicably win like 8 in a row and somehow make the playoffs like they always do

Staff member
Reaction score
Steelers look dreadful but will inexplicably win like 8 in a row and somehow make the playoffs like they always do

No they won't. Raiders, Chargers, Browns, Ravens, Bengals all look like way better teams than them.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
God I loved watching Rodgers and the Packers kick that little rapist and all his team/league enablers' asses today.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Patriots made a hell of an effort to win that game all in 3 phases. The fact that they held Tampa Bay to multiple field goals and had a chance to kick the game winning FG was wicked impressive since I didn't think they had a chance to stay close let alone win. Mac executed the gameplan well until the final drive (when his last pass was batted down at the LOS) by mostly taking short, accurate passes and keeping the drives long to keep Brady off the field. Very 2001-Brady esque and reminded me a lot of the game plans used against Peyton, giving Brady the short outside routes to the sideline and then tackling the receivers immediately.

Brady was very inconsistent, not helped by multiple drops, going just 22/43 (51.1%) for 269 (6.26 YPA) while being sacked one time.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hard not to consider that something of a moral victory for the Patriots. That was about as happy as I have been after a devastating last minute loss.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Between Rodgers and Brady, some of the most ESPN-y narratives have taken a frightful beating this year.

Staff member
Reaction score
Before the game tonight, and potentially before Carr plays like shit, I just want to point out this is by far the worst OL he's played with and also by far the best he's played. That shouldn't be the case but it is. He's probably going to have to throw for 400 yards again to win. Couldn't go to the game tonight because it cost too much and I have to save for DC in two weeks, so hopefully it goes well, but I would like to have been there.